1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lenoir Rhyne

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Jul 1, 2007.

1. baseball0518

baseball0518 Junior Member

coach

Does anyone know any person that is trying to get this job besides Hendricks? Are they looking around town for anyone (local high schoools)?

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

No..the others that are being interviewed are college coaches

3. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

welll....

college smalledge!!!!!!!!!!:bath:

4. Braves

Hahahaha...they're not big enough for you, coach:cheer:

5. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

very hard for a high school coach to go to a college job. they want someone with "college" experience. usually college coaches earn their way for coaching for free or very little the first 3-4 years and then become assistants and then head coaches. very rare for a high school coach to move up. no matter what their success has been.

6. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Besides, there are factors that would prohibit a well qualifiedHS coach from "moving up"

1. most experienced coaches have families, I dont see that lifestyle change ( <$, the recruiting trips, etc...) because of the impact on family.
    2. As catamount indicated the pay cut would cost a HS coach because of lost income gained with teaching.
    3. Teaching jobs offer more job stability... College coaches may be let go at anytime (too much uncertainty).

IMHO

7. baseball0518

baseball0518 Junior Member

coach

is Hendricks a good coach? Is he the best fit for this job, or is he the only one getting talked about? I dont know him, so just wondering about this position.

8. Braves

Hendricks would make an outstanding coach. Is he the best fit? In my opinion..yes...but my opinion doesn't count. Will he get the position? In my opinion...no...but I've contacted a "voodoo" doctor, so you never know.

and yes, there are other "college" coaches interviewing.

9. olefty

olefty Full Access Member

There have been three interviews with one more this afternoon. I can honestly say I think all the candidates are strong choices. Some I would rather see take over than others, like myself number1 HAHA!

I don't have a time line still. Earliest would be end of the week. Realistically middle of next week.......

If any parents or players would like to get in touch with me please feel free

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  10. canofcorn

canofcorn Member

I wonder if coach Filly would be interested? He would be an excellent choice considering all his connections. Its only a matter of time until he lands a head coaching job.