1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

LESLIE JURY OF THE CAROLINA ELITE COMMITS TO ALABAMA

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by spartan9, Oct 20, 2008.

1. spartan9

spartan9 Junior Member

THATS RIGHT 2011 PITCHER LESLIE JURY OF THE CAROLINA ELITE FROM SOUTH CAROLINA HAS COMMITED TO ALABAMA!!! (VERBAL) LESLIE IS A GREAT PERSON AND AN AMAZING PITCHER! ONE OF A KIND!! THIS GIRL IS THE REAL DEAL!!! SHE STILL IS VERY YOUNG AND HAS ALOT OF WORK TO DO, BUT OVERALL LESLIE IS AMAZING!! SO LESLIE,BLAKE,AND TINA I WANT TO SAY CONGRATS AND THANK YOU FOR BEING AMAZING PARENTS,PEOPLE,SUPPORTERS, AND MOST OF ALL FRIENDS !! WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK !! LOVE YOU ALL LIKE FAMILY ,COACH PACK CAROLINA ELITE

2. sftbl4ever

sftbl4ever Junior Member

WAY TO GO! The Curve wishes her the best in the many years to come! We enjoyed seeing Leslie pitch at the USC Upstate scrimmages and hope to see her more over the next couple of summers.

3. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Agreed 100% !!!

THE REAL DEAL----- she is definitely a great pitcher with a humble swag....yep saw her at USC Upstate after losing some teeth she is tough as nails, most boys that got hit like that would quit !! Good Luck Leslie and go get them !!

Guru

4. TD4SC

TD4SC Full Access Member

Great for Leslie

even greater for Alabama! The best pitcher I have seen not already in college.

5. Abbey fan

Abbey fan Full Access Member

WOW

Would love to see this one pitch! To commit to the Tide, she has the tools!

6. MavFan25

MavFan25 Junior Member

Congrats - Kid Has Been Awesome For A Long Time

I had the honor of coaching Leslie when she was just getting started as a pitcher/player in travel ball. My daughter has played on many teams with her through the years. God blessed Leslie with the athletic ability, but she has absolutely worked her tail off the last 5 years or so to maximize her potential. The sky is the limit for her! A hall of fame coach that I know told me a year ago that she could potentially be the #1 2011 HS pitcher in the nation. I'm a firm believer in her abilities.

7. PaulyGirl

PaulyGirl Junior Member

Your natural talent is easy to recognize-----what really impresses me is that you have taken that God-given ability and really worked on becoming a great pitcher.
    When I "fast forward" four years from now I can envision a dominating pitcher at a great program!!!! Great choice.
    Congrats----keep working hard and remain the humble great kid you are. Don't forget to thank Dad and Brother for all the busted shins :)
    In the words of your future pitching coach--- "Roll Tide".
    Coach Pauly

8. fastpitchndad

fastpitchndad Full Access Member

Congratulations!!!!
    Not trying to take anything away from her but, how does a sophmore commit two years before she can even have an official visit and more than one way contact with the coach?

9. Freedom Sball

Freedom Sball Full Access Member

Congrats Leslie and family. You have a wonderful future ahead of you! We got the pleasure of facing Leslie a few falls ago as a 8th grader and you could easily tell she was going to be something special.

As fas as the early verbal, College coaches see you play and make contact with the travel coach. You can take a unofficial visit at any time and communication with the staff can happen then. WIth her talent and potential, I'm sure Coach Murphy was thrilled to get the verbal.

We've got a 2010 that has already been offered by a D-1 college. She took a couple unofficial visits this summer and received the offer the other day whil on a visit.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  10. Eighter

Eighter Full Access Member

Shamrocks/Gold Coast Hurricane

FL Hurricanes 3, Shamrocks 2. The Shamrocks took the early lead, 2-0. The GCH got one back on a home run by Cara Vitale (UNC). In the 3rd, Kelsey Horton (Florida) singled in two runs. Leslie Jury 2011 started for GCH; Rachel Fico (LSU) pitched the last three innings. The Shamrocks used pitchers 2011 Morgan Lashley; 09 Airel Keidel.

I saw on Spy softball the listing above. It looks like Leslie is playing for the Gold Coast Hurricane this fall. I see Morgan Lashley pitched against her. Kalie Lang hit a double off Leslie in the first inning. Great game, should be fun when they meet again at Plantation.