1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Let's Have a Good Discussion

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Braves, Feb 5, 2008.

1. GloveSide

GloveSide Full Access Member

Are there different kinds of D1? Im lost

Are there subdivisions in D1, D2, and D3? I assume there are but I don't know. Appalachian state is D1 AA national Champions??? Huh?

Campbell U is a D1 school? Huh??

UNC is D1 right? UNC and Campbell are IMO not comparable in talent. How can they both be D1?

I barely know what ACC stands for much less what it means and how it is all set up.

I don't know the difference between much. UNC they got light blue uniforms. Thats about all I know.

I little help with this I would appreciate.

Conferences? Pac10? Big10? How many conferences are there? Who is in them? Does each conference have there own D2 and D3 sets of teams.

What is the whole picture?

Whats the difference between Appalachian state and Michigan?

If there are sub divisions are they set up like:
    D1 Maj
    D1 AAA
    D1 AA
    D1 A
    D2 Maj
    D2 AAA
    D2 AA
    D2 A

etc etc.?????????????????????

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

'

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  3. PhillyDave

PhillyDave Senior Member

FYI I have a friend who's son graduated from Providence HS (SW4A) in 2006. He also played AAU basketball during the summer & fall months, ... therefore he was not playing any baseball once the high school baseball season ended. He was All-Conference his senior year in basketball and was attracting some attention from Colleges in the area. He had a great senior year in baseball and finally signed to play baseball at Wake Forest near the end of his senior year. I asked his Dad why he hadn't signed to play baseball before most of the other players did,.... his response to me was "he didn't play baseball during the summer and fall months and most scouts were not aware of who he was!" His teammate played basketball as well and signed with East Carolina right after his senior year of baseball was completed. IMO the bottom line is, don't give up the dream and keep working hard, good things will happen! good luck to you and your son!

4. Glove-it

Glove-it Junior Member

I thought new transfer rules came into effect Jan. 1, 2008

5. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yeah...I remembered that the other day. But it was too late to change because I forgot where it was posted