1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Let's help each other out...

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by smashmouth5, Nov 2, 2003.

1. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Here we are in the playoffs and a lot of teams are playing schools that are not familiar with. If you have a question about a team post it here and let's see if we can get some answers.

I'll start.

Anybody have any info on TC Roberson? Crest played them last year, but I'm not sure what they have done this year. Somebody help a brother out.

2. HulkaManiaRunninWild

HulkaManiaRunninWild Banned From TBR

Smash5:
    Don't know anything about TC Roberson. Can you or anyone else tell me anything about Charlotte Catholic. What offense do they run? Defense? Any stand out players? I know that they are usually pretty good. Any info would be great. Thanks!

3. PostalDB42

PostalDB42 vandam lift extroardinare

Greensboro Page? I've never even heard of'em before any info? All things i heard 2day were good though.

4. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Watch out?

Page has one of the finest football traditions over the last couple decades of any school in the state! They compete in the tough Metro 4A. Under marion Kirby they were a dynasty!!! Be ready to play THEY will be... Good luck...:cool:

5. smashmouth5

smashmouth5 Fly Eagles Fly

Seemed like every year Crest was in 4A they played Page at Page in the playoffs. Of course Page didn't beat them.:D

6. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

Page has a big tough defense. They have a great linebacker - Rodriguez I think his name is - Ragsdale scrimmaged them and neither team scored. They also have good, big QB that has a good arm. Page should go deep in the playoffs but I don't think they have enough to win it all.

As for me - I would love to hear something about Greensboro Smith - heck I live here and I don't know anything about them...

7. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

yep .........and good luck to those who have to play them!

crest will be back to greensboro before you know it!

:cool:

8. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Anybody out there have any info on South Rowan? Who are the key players?

For those South Rowan fans who may be looking for info on McDowell, I'll give a quick overview.

We finished in the middle of a weak football conference. The key players for the Titans are runningback Creon Logan (#25), Flanker Kenny Swepson (#1) and QB Kevin Johnson (#12). McDowell is not huge in size, but is a quick team on offense. McDowell runs the ball a majority of time either by I formation or sometimes running the option offense. Here lately McDowell has been more aggressive throwing the ball, but all in all, the passing game is not a huge part of the offense. The McDowell defense is the weak link of the team. Fast and athletic kids at the skill positions, give McDowell defense fits. McDowell special teams can make big plays, and the games they have won this year usually had big punt/kickoff returns to decide the game.

9. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

Smashmouth, TCR is a team that will basically piss Crest off. They aren't great, but more than likely will be able to stay with you, unless they have a VERY off night. THey usually have a pretty good running back and they are in a fairly strong conference that, apart from Asheville High, have basically beaten up on each other in some pretty tough games. I can guarantee you one thing; if the Chargers take TCR lightly, they will be 1 and done. If you guys take them seriously, then you should win, but it will be a dogfight. Good luck to you.

10. Eastburke9074

Eastburke9074 Junior Member

Anything on Lee County?

Does Anyone know anything on Lee County's Football Team if so please let me know. Thanks