1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk About The Other 07's

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Coach 27, Sep 21, 2006.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Thank you for the kind words...

Thank you for those kind words. Most of what you hear about SC is Madison Bumgarner. I guess it is understandable because of his talent and potential future. It sure is good to see some of the other prospects have someone notice their abilities as well.

Thanks again. Daniel does work very hard, and truly loves the game.

2. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

a little biased here but.... at west forsyth

jeff gonza- outfield runs very well, hits for average and also has some power for a small guy.

jordan smith- another outfielder, great defensive player that hits it pretty good.

chad jarvis lhp- don't overpower you but is 12-1 on the 4-a level

taylor barbour- utility man that can play anywhere even catches some, will run through the brick wall for you

chris rogers- good defensive 1st baseman that can swing it.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I heard some awfully nice things about Daniel from Mark Tarleton w/ the Copperhead team. I had one chance to see Daniel play in the Ashbrook game and I could see then why people are so enthused about his game.

Besides, if Mark Tarleton toots your horn, you must be good because he doesn't say many good things about many players... even his son ;)

Just kidding, but I thought it was high praise, though

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Oh...and catamount? isn't John Stamper a 6 year senior by now? Geez...this young man seems he has been around HS baseball forever!!!!..and what a talent he is

5. doctorbuzz

doctorbuzz Junior Member

Apex High School

M. Knox-07: Kid can hit, is big (approx 6'4" 230#), and can move pretty well. Throwback power hitter (think Boog Powell). Missed a lot of action last year due to injury.

C. Thompson-07: Hits really well, keeps ball in play and can hit with power. Has started for varsity since freshman year.

6. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

I'd like to mention Kenny Swab (East Forsyth)...all-conference selection soph. and junior years....plays outfield and runs well...can also catch or pitch....has a very good arm and he is the quarterback on the football team...he's being looked at for football but I think he is looking to possibly play both football and baseball at the college level....good kid very athletic...had the pleasure to coach him a couple of summer's ago

7. Red Bear

Red Bear Full Access Member

I'll second.....or third....... that! He has grown to be a fine young man and an excellent baseball player. Like I've told many people, his dad is one of the finest batting instructors my son ever went to.

Daniel didn't just come by his talent by hanging around and listening. He worked at it!

8. Big Byrd

Big Byrd Member

PAC VI (4-A) Talent

Person High : Hunter Wrenn 6'6", 200lbs. LHP, Mid to upper 80's, Shows signs of being a dominating pitcher at times,struggles with being consistent night in and night out. A sleeper in the 07 crop, could develop into an outstanding college pitcher in the right situation.
    Elliott Tolley 6', 180lbs. LHP/OF , very good control, throws strikes, has a nasty curve ball, low 80's. Has a good bat and doesn't hurt you with his glove in the field.

Chapel Hill High: Taron Robinson 6"3", 210lbs. LHP/FB , Excellent control with all pitches, mid 80's. Good bat and glove at first.
    Kyle Peterson 6' , 180lb. range, SS, excellent athlete (quaterback on football team) solid defensively, swings bat well and knows what to do on the bases.

Jordan High: Geoff Turner 6'3", 200lb. range, RHP/3B, Good command of all his pitches. Consistant on the mound every time out.

Riverside High: Jacob Ezzell 6'1", 190lb, range, 3B, Good defensive player, good bat, good on the base paths, knows how to play the game.

I know there are some more I'm not thinking of right know, but this is a group that merits some serious looks from college scouts.

:notworthy

9. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

Matt Crump Butler HS

Adding another name to my list. Matt Crump is an outstanding catcher and he can hit it as well. Im surprised I have not heard his name more from the western boys here. I have seen him play a few times this summer and fall and I have been very impressed with his ability. He seems like a great young man as well.

10. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Coach....I agree about Matt, I had him on the other thread of "07's".

I think Matt will draw a lot of attention this year and has the chance to be one of the top catchers in the State this upcoming season....