1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Little League Question

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BooneHeel, Jul 22, 2008.

1. mynokona

mynokona Member

late response

NO IT DOESNT, but if they own the fields you need to be careful on the "coup". PM me on how you can regain or gain control of the program. Also, you have a new LL Regional Administrator Asst in Boone if this is Wautaga National. Nothing like getting to know a paid LL person and asking advice, especially if he is a local.

PS: If you want the best players and the best coach at all-star time, let the players vote on the players and then the selected all-star players vote on the coach. There is NO POLITICS and everyone should be HAPPY and DEMOCRACY will be taught at an early age. The first year I tried this we also had the coaches vote seperately. Interestingly, the coaches picked the same team but one bubble vote player as the players did. He ended up playing as one person dropped. The all-star players got together and shared stories about the coaches that the other players did not know. The all-star players from the 1st place team shared how their coach called them little a--holes when they made an error and yelled at them at practice (he was always calm during games). He was eliminated immediatly by them. The coach selected that year, his team finished 4th. He had no kid that made the all-star team but took us to second place in the district after losing the first game. Doesnt sound too good, we finished dead last 5 straight years before that and 10 run ruled in almost every game.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. WHSpitcher6

WHSpitcher6 Junior Member

a

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  3. WHSpitcher6

WHSpitcher6 Junior Member

And if you ever have a complaint, ^ that is the way you handle it. I agree with every single thing that you just said other than the fact you said you are not an expert on the game. To me it looked like you hit everything on the head. Very good critique. You have my full respect and praise. The thing that set me off with BooneHeels letters was the public bashing of the coach and also his 13 year old son. The difference between you and him. You critiqued, he was just complaining. Great write up. I applaude you. The fact they never worked on pitching was evident. Too many walks in the state tournament. To be honest, he came up to me for advice halfway through the tournament after things had started skidding downhill. This is a great group of kids and I would do anything for them. Next year could be a very special season for them. If you have something to say, do it like this mom did. She said half as much but made twice the impact on me. You are a very educated mom and have my utmost respect. Good luck to your son next year. On a side note, yes his son did not play much on our all star team. But he has also improved alot since then. Did he deserve to be the catcher? probably not. But he did deserve to play from the season he had. One of if not the best player on that team whenever he was in the 9-10 year old league was a LAST round draft pick. But he worked hard and turned into one of the best in the league. The side of this young man you do not see is a hardworking side. He is looked at as being laxidasical and lazy. I know this not to be true because on days whenever I go to the field for any purposes, he is there hitting batting practice thrown by his dad. He is a great kid and has great potential. Great write up LL Mom. You are much appreciated.