1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lloyd Church's records since 1997

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Tar42Heel, Apr 11, 2006.

1. dookman32

dookman32 Full Access Member

I don't think Mcdowell was too worried about playing Reynolds-having beat them like a rented mule in Marion in the season finale. Playing E. Burke for the championship on their home floor was a much more difficult game than Reynolds on a neutral floor.

77-55 over the last five years. That's 22 games over .500-certainly not mediocrity. Unfortunately, it seems that those with "personal issues" always have the ability to overlook logic and cold hard facts when discussing.

2. Fenwayfan

Fenwayfan Full Access Member

I completely agree - if Church is being rubbed out becasue of his record there appears to be absolutely no ground to stand on. If it is something else then let it be something else - to argue you are getting rid of a coach that has a winning record because he doesnt have a winning record doesnt make sense.

Call a spade a spade - whats the real reason? If it is just winning then this is exactly why people who make decisions about who the coach is need to understand what High School sports is really all about.

3. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Rumors don't just start. I don't know how all of this talk about Lloyd resigning got started but I bet someone at the high school didn't just go in one morning and make it up. Anyway I guess it's all history now{or is it?] so we need to start looking forward to next season and get behind our team and Coach whoever he may be...:twocents:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  4. Tar42Heel

Tar42Heel Banned From TBR

When you came from 28-1, 25-5, 24-6 seasons to 15-11, 16-12, 12-11, etc.. Seems like a big fall from grace to me. Admit it, he's slipped.

5. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Tar42heel,you know how I feel.You know I don't agree with all that Lloyd does but I just haven't seen the talent level there since the 90's. I mean the last 2 or 3 years we have had players that would hustle and work hard but they were not the best gifted athletics. Jenas was great but he didn't have a lot of great players around him. Just look at how freedoms program has fallen/ I don't believe you can blame that on their coach because they too are going through a dry spell of great talent. I admit that we had a state championship team in 1991 and I will always believe Lloyd lost that game in the coaches box. But in his defense I have also seen him pull of some great wins like this years final game against Reynolds. Reynolds had swept the conference and I believe they thought they were going to blow out McDowell at the titan dome but they got embarrassed..And you know they never seemed to be the same team after that loss. Anyway the season is still months away and nothing is set in stone yet...:twocents:

6. titan90

titan90 titan90

Tar42Heel,

Sign off and don't sign back on.
    Thank You

7. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Where was that neutral floor you are talking about? Was it that season finale you were talking about? If so get your facts straight, bub.

8. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

I think Tony is making reference to the conference tournament. East Burke hosted the conference tournament which pretty much made it another couple home games for the Cavaliers.

9. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

Tar42Heel, you are treading on thin ice once again. Quit taking the personal shots at the members of the message board or you'll be in the same boat that you were in a couple months ago.

10. Tar42Heel

Tar42Heel Banned From TBR

Dan, get a life. I've not flamed anyone. Besides, it was titan90 that opened up this particular can of worms. Remember? Or are you siding with him cause you're both "Church Members" :banginghe? Oh yeah, dont forget about Dash Rip "Taylor" Rock. He got in on it too.

Titan90, I'll sign on as many times as I wish...Whatcha gonna do if I do sign on again?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2006