1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Lloyd Church's records since 1997

Discussion in 'Boys Basketball' started by Tar42Heel, Apr 11, 2006.

1. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

When are you ever gonna grow up? You make the juveniles who lurk on here look like grown adults. You have been given the forum to state your disapproval and then you turn it into a showcase to feature your maturity (or lack there of) by making a totally irrelevant comment about a member of this message board and their family. Just because somebody tells you to give it a rest dosen't mean you are required to reply in a childish manner. Give it a friggin rest for christ sake!!!

BTW just for your information, I would be careful trying to assume who certain people are that visit our forums.

People are trying to be as nice to you as possible and you keep pushing the envelope.

2. dash_riprock

dash_riprock Junior Member

Name calling huh? You are definately a New Maniac.

3. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

Tar42heel man lets chill a little.We don't want this board to become a ghetto ghost board like the Charlotte board has.I know your a pretty emotional guy but sometimes we have to kinda hold back our fingers the same way we bite our tongues. We all enjoy getting on this board and expressing our opinions and catching up on the latest rumors but we have to keep it on a professional level.Remember just because you aren't looking someone in the face when you post a comment about them doesn't mean they won't be offended by it the same way. Since I have been on this board I've noticed BiGDan let's us pretty much have our say as long as we stay on subject and don't start personal attacks on other posters. Let's try to keep it that way..:ylsuper:

4. dookman32

dookman32 Full Access Member

I was referring to the conference tournament that was held in Icard. If Mcdowell was to play Reynolds in the championship then it would have been a neutral floor.

5. unifoursportsfan

unifoursportsfan Junior Member

Get a life you loser!! Get out of BigDan's ass for a second!!! Please.

6. justinsj

justinsj Junior Member

FINAL NEWS ON COACH CHURCH

This will end the rumors. The School Board Meeting that took place today ended in the termination of Lloyd Church as the Athletic Director at McDowell High School, but he will remain the head coach for the men's varsity basketball team.

7. 85fish

85fish Chipmunk First Class

If this is true....

New here. I used to post at the charlotte board and I noticed that the old Titan crowd was missing there.
    As far as basketball goes, I have not really kept up for a while, but if he resigned as AD, then that can only help the football program.
    I honestly believe that after the dehydration incident in Coach Haynies first year, Church didn't just have his fingers in the pie, he had both hands up to the elbows in there. The man has no business meddling in the football program and I believe to some extent he has held it back since then. I know if Johnny Anderson had been the coach at this time he would have probably kicked Llloyd in the butt till his nose bled.
    This county ran off the best basketball coach they ever had in 1984, Jock Ollis. And to prove that some political BS has never changed around here, he found out he had lost his job from Marty Hensley's mom, who had heard it on the radio.
    Until all the political, meddling powers that be in this county are shut up and put to bed, McDowell will never be competitive in any sport on a state level again, except for girls hoops, and that's only because, from the youth leagues up, they have a framework that promotes success all the way to the high school.
    Just my 2 cents. You may flame me now!:banginghe