1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

LLWS

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Village Idiot, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

we usually have a thread about the LLWS so here you go......

i really like Columbus, Ga of the Southeast. im pulling for them to win the US pool. i saw the team from Japan for the first time, i think it was yesterday, and they're loaded. they could win the International pool. but i have yet to some of the Latin American teams, they're usually strong too.

did anybody see the 6" 8" kid on the Saudi team? :thud:

2. baseballman123

baseballman123 Full Access Member

Yes, I saw the 6'8" kid...pretty impressive. Georgia is also looking pretty strong having a pitcher that throws 80mph from 46 feet...that is bringing it. They are also who I am pulling for.

3. bbaseball

bbaseball Junior Member

the pitcher from Ga. i think its kyle carter, has some bad make up. thinks every ball he throws is the umpires fault, wears the hat sideways and so forth. yes he is a good player, but scouts say make up is the first impression. any body else see this?

4. NPC Fanatic

NPC Fanatic LakeNormanFan-lost pword

Phillips is also a stud for Columbus Ga. I'll definitely be going for these guys. Carter is the real deal but I think his Mom or Dad needs to take him out to the woodshed for an "old-fashioned". :spanka:

Kudos to the Cal Ripken champs, Hilo, Hawaii....(5-2 over Mexico) :trophy:

5. tj21

tj21 Moderator

I'm sure Japan is loaded, but I just caught the last inning of Saudi beating someone 9-1 and yes I saw their 6'8" kid. Also their pitcher was 6'3". Has anyone saw enough of Saudi to think they may be the team to beat. Looks like they have some size. Btw one of the coaches ABSOLUTELY MUST be the 6'8" kid's dad, because I caught a glimpse of one of the coaches after the game, and that coach was even taller, looked like by 3-4 inches...

geezzzz...:229031_ha

6. ucbball

ucbball Junior Member

Couldn't agree more about the kid from Georgia. I hope he somehow gets the message!! It would be a shame to see his talent go to waste, and it will with that make up.

7. Village Idiot

he missed the tag. those umps are having a bad night. :twocents:

cost IL a run and maybe more. i hope they win anyway.

8. Village Idiot

BALL GAME!!!!! :woohoo:

whatta play!

9. Coach 27

Coach 27 Full Access Member

One "FN" Run

Any of you see the game between IL and NY tonight? After making a nice def play NY comes into the dugout for the bottom of the 6th trailing 1-0. The coach for NY is gathering his team together in the dugout to talk to them about the inning when one of the kids yells "One "FN" run"! The coach realizing that the mic is on slaps the kid and the mic and tv camera immediately is turned away and cut to comercial. It was crazy man! Anyone else see it?

10. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Heard it

I heard the kid say "One F*ING RUN!", but I didn't see the coach slap anyone. Heck of a game...