1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

LLWS

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Village Idiot, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

the same team had behavior issues after their loss to Columbus, Ga. yesterday as the catcher was restrained when the winning run crossed the plate. in all fairness to him, there was some talking going on the whole game between both squads. i think its more a product of the exposure we have nowadays vs. that of yesteryear. mics on the coahces, cameras pick up everything, including the anguished looks on the faces of parents as their kids lay in the dirt after getting beaned in the face. we dont need to see everything nor do we need to hear everything. but i agree, the cussing was kind of shocking.

2. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Saudi Arabia is pretty strong... but they didnt score the last couple of innings in that 9-1 game..

3. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

I'm going with the boys from Georgia in the US bracket...Japan will probably be the team to beat in the International bracket.

Georgia seems to have more pitching depth and better hitting across the board....the Georgia Coach will just need to keep Carter's attitude in check.:ylsuper:

4. NPC Fanatic

NPC Fanatic LakeNormanFan-lost pword

When I saw the 6'8" kid yesterday he had a kid that was 5'1" pitching to him!!!! My math tells me he was pitching "uphill". :jumprope:

The Saudi national team is good but they've got nothing on the team from the rising sun. A Japan - Georgia final would be a good match-up. :twocents:

(more :twocents:) --- The Staten Island team was fun to watch. They played with a lot of heart (and judging by the unfiltered dugout comment, a little too much enthusiam) I feel real bad for that kid that ended the game by stepping off of second base thinking that there was 3 outs.....

5. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Brent go Away

I have watched several of the LLWS games, and Gary Thorne has done a good job. Why the heck do they have to bring on Brent Musberger? He seems to swoop in on the finals of otherwise good events. Go Away Brent!

6. Eagles 1313

Eagles 1313 Full Access Member

A Georgia/Japan Championship would be awesome especially if Kyle Carter pitches against the Japan team...but the Japan team is absoluely loaded and they have unbelieveable pop through the lineup

7. PTBaseball

PTBaseball Full Access Member

Umpires

Looked like the runner (IL) was safe at 2nd on the SAC attempt... and got called out... But the announcers seem to think they have to support the umps at all costs... It was clear on the replay the runner was safe, and the announcers say "good call..."

8. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Georgia and Illinois survived their bracket with Illinois getting the top seed in a 3 way tie breaker. tough spot for Georgia but its do-able. their pitching seemed to fall off a little. i'm not sure who else they had to go to or if they decided that since they were already in that they could go with that kid last night, who wasnt too bad. seemed that there were some issues between the two coaches during the game and after the game you could hear the Illinois coach trashing the Georgia team as he addressed his own players before the hand shake. recipe for bad blood.

saudi lost too, gotta play japan now. ouch

9. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

Excessive celebration

What's this world coming to when you have to have a 5 second delay and coaches doing excessive celebration on home plate at the Little league World Series. :thud:

10. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

I think the answer to your question is in the posts above. Bad attitudes being allowed on the field, over-celebration, cursing by CHILDREN in the dugouts, the answer's pretty obvious and disheartening....