1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Locals remaining......

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BudMan, May 25, 2003.

1. BudMan

BudMan Its about that time again

Of the local teams remaining (Central Cabarrus, S. Rowan, Myers Park, Piedmont, and Mount Pleasant) make your best statement for who you think has the best shot of going all the way.

2. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

NOT Piedmont. Because they ain't seen pitching like Ragsdale is gonna throw at them. :cool:

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

4A-- Myers Park. They are treading on water they haven't seen in over 30 years. But this team seems to be on a destiny. They make the key plays and the key hits when needed. The Mustangs may not be the most talented team left in the tournament, but they have 3 things nobody else has:

1. Robert Woodard
    2. Rob Wilson
    3. Braves' support

3A---Ragsdale. This is the Tiger's year--Hicks, Wrenn, Whited and company are on a roll.

2A-- Nobody is mentioning Ashbrook. If they can get by Tuscola this week...Hmm....the M&M boys ( McCall and Martin) just might have what it takes.

4. wossa

3A - Ragsdale ALSO has Brave's support. ;) Ragsdale has a ton of great senior athletes in all sports and have yet to win a title - I'm hoping the baseball team can come through for the school. But no pressure boys, no pressure.

2A- Ashbrook and Tuscola - they are 3A schools Braves. Been hitting that swamp juice today? :D

and can somebody post drirections to Piedmont from 85N and the game time - I'm assuming 7 pm - weather permiting :rolleyes:

5. BudMan

BudMan Its about that time again

Take another 2A pick b/c Ashbrook is 3A!!!

6. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Nah...there is too much strength in 3A...I'm moving them to 2A

7. SouthPawDad

SouthPawDad Full Access Member

Don't move Ashbrook anywhere, just forget about 'em. Keep them low on the radar screen. Weak team. Bunch of no names.

8. wossa

just like their football team huh?

9. SouthPawDad

SouthPawDad Full Access Member

What football team? :)

10. GOPGovernor

GOPGovernor Junior Member

Myers Park

Braves is right on point with the Myers Park prediction, Myers Park will be attending the state championship. Central Cabarrus is playing from behind with Woodard on the mound, and Myers Park's hitting looked solid against North, Central Cabarrus has no pitcher that could even dream of throwing a game like Woodard will Tuesday. If Myers Park does beat Central Cabarrus, they should be playing at home for the Western Region Championship, need I say more? Not that it can't be done, but because of their talent and the complaining that has gone on on this very site, Myers Park fans have multiplied every game, it is very difficult to win in front of what I would call the best high school baseball fans in Charlotte. I would not be surprised at all if Myers Park brings a bigger crowd to Central Cabarrus than the school brings itself. We will win at Central Cabarrus and nobody will beat us on our home field, I cannot speak yet for the state championship though. But Central Cabarrus should be warned to keep their eye on a certain Myers Park fan, about 6 foot tall and milky colored skin holding a very large pan. Big up to Scooter Boo also.

Last edited: May 25, 2003