1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Magan Smith Moves to LSU

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by storm030, Aug 29, 2006.

1. DaveW

DaveW Full Access Member

Congrats Coach Smith. Now get ready for some serious beatings from Alabama.

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

trivia question

does anyone know Megan's married last name???? I know she kept Smith, but she is married. anyone??

3. Bmac1

Bmac1 Full Access Member

Her husband Paul, is a great guy. The last name will be kept a secret to protect the innocent.

4. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

team

just another reminder that you sign with the school, not a coach, ; so pick a SCHOOL you will be happy with.

5. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

you're taking all the fun out of it bmac. just wondering how many, if any besides you and i, knew.

6. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

BRAVO!!!!! About time someone stated this....

:agreed:
    I agree EOR,although I sometimes wonder how many actually DO sign for the SCHOOL first, and the softball secondarily...

7. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

Correct!

My '05 DD was recruited by a number schools. Of her "final 4" two of the head coaches have already moved on (one to U of Wisconsin and one to St Johns). The coach at her school remains but, for her, the schools the thing. I'm fairly familar with the WCU crowd. I suspect Coach Smith was the critical factor for about 1/2 of the kids in her initial recruiting class including one star pitcher. It will be interesting to see what happens with the '07's who have committed there as there are still eight weeks before the signing period.

As for the next coach the AD is working in a competitive environment. Radford U is looking, as are Ga Tech and Drexel and a few others. To its credit WCU has better facilities than all these schools, including GT! MS leaving though does suggest that there must be some issues related to support (salary?).

8. EastOfRaleigh

LSU?

DukeDog: would any of the WCU players follow coach to LSU?

9. rangeroo22

rangeroo22 Full Access Member

Me Too!

My DD was also recruited by a number of schools,and it so happens that the primary D1 school she was interested in had a head coach (the one who was recruiting her) abruptly resign. My DD didn't ever get notified of the change. She found out by calling him after he had been in constant contact (as frequent as allowed by D1 rules).At that point she was under the impression that school was on her short list. It ended up being a full year plus before the school filled the head coaches position.Needless to say, she ended up signing at a remarkable D2 school with a great softball program and even greater coaching staff. I feel for the '07 girls that comitted to WSU as I know a few of them because my DD played travel ball with them,and I know their decisions were based on Coach Smiths' promises,(will the school still uphold these promises?)as well as all the "new" shiny equipment,complex,etc.Now these girls are in limbo. Thank goodness this happened soon enough for these girls to pursue other options (hopefully that is). One of the questions we began asking coaches was "are you going to be coaching here in 4 years?"

10. EastOfRaleigh

Smith?

what was coach smith's background? was she a NC gal, or just moved in?