1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Matt Harrison to the Rangers???

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by coachevans26, Jul 30, 2007.

1. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

After looking at mlb.com, it seems that LHP Matt Harrison (South Granville HS) may be one of the 2 minor league pitchers in the Mark Texiera trade between the Braves and Rangers... What do you think Coach27?

2. Coach F3

Coach F3 Coach F3

not yet

Matt is one of 5 players the Braves have made available as the "player to be named later" to complete the deal. If I were Texas I'd sure take him. He's struggled a little of late but still has great control and gets people out, and he's still just 21. I would like to see the Braves hold on to him, though.

3. coachevans26

YOu and me both... it will be a longer trip to Arlington to see the MLB debut (hopefully soon) :) With the Rangers need for starting pitching though, it may be sooner rather than later... NIce to hear from you Coach!!!

Looks like it official now... check this link to the article on MLB.com...

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/...t_id=2119864&vkey=news_atl&fext=.jsp&c_id=atl

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  4. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

Met Matt at a friends house this summer and played a some "friendly" hold-em with him. Was a really nice, humble guy. Was working with a surveying company during his time home, getting up at 5am every morning and going to work. His perfromance has slipped a little lately because he has some shoulder tendinitis. The MRI did not reveal a tear or any damage to the rotator cuff. Should heal with rest.

5. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Does that news(tendinitis) mean he is more likely to be traded?

6. coachevans26

NOt at all... Usually tendonitis is not a chronic injury to deal with.... usually rest and anti-inflammatory meds take care of it...

If you look at the factors involved in the trade it appears that this trade will probably benefit both teams... Matt was twice the Braves minor league pitcher of the year, so he was definitely a high prospect...

7. Titans 5

Titans 5 Junior Member

Matt used our baseball warehouse this past winter to teach lessons, and he is a very quiet & humble guy, just like you wish more of these players could be now. I'm 40 and he still refered to me as Mr. -----. Class act all the way.

8. travisunc

travisunc Full Access Member

I read an article in a Texas paper that said Matt was to begin throwing again in two weeks and was going to pitch again this year. The team he is reporting to has clinched a playoff spot to they will have an extended season.

9. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

As

`in West Frosyth Titans 5 do you or are you know (Holt)...

10. Titans 5

Titans 5 Junior Member

No, I'm from Granville Co.