1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

McDowell 80 Freedom 59

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by ladiesbballfan, Jan 16, 2004.

1. rockt

rockt Junior Member

Tate will do well at Wake. Atkinson will do well at any school she attends. Both are very good students and players. Mcdowell has more weapons and play very well together.

2. nw4a_rules

nw4a_rules Member

i agree... tate should be fine in college... as several folks have said, when she gets to play her true position, maybe things will be different... i don't know what is going on with her and her team right now, but i do know that she has talent, and has the ability to be a major factor in any game she is in... she can take over a game with her quickness on defense, and ability to convert those steals into easy lay-ups... i don't know if she will be a standout in an acc school, but i bet she will get some good minutes, contribute a lot to her team, and grab a good education as well... from what i have seen, and know about tara, i don't think comparing her to mccants is fair... i don't think she has that sort of attitude or selfishness... she'll be all right...

3. fhspatriot

fhspatriot Full Access Member

It was a rough game for freedom no doubt,but i would like to say im proud of the way our 2 underclassmen,kidd and morrison played last night.Bri and Kristin both played real good and I see a bright future ahead for both of them.I look forward to 2 to 3 more years of seeing them play on the team.

I also though Alisa Scruggs played real good as well.She has came along way.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2004
  4. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

silvers teams are fundamentally sound year and out and has great community's support. Hope to catch the next matchup with Freedom!

getting back to her true position with all this other experience will only benefit her in college.

:)

5. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

coach silver

I've been following the lady titans for many years. I had a neice who played for Mike Silver and always had the upmost respect for him as a coach and a friend. Marsha Crump was said to have retired from coach at freedom because of the pressure put on her when McDowell upset her team a couple of years ago when they were number one and undefeated. And don't forget coach silver is 2nd in all time wins in the state at this time. Coach Silver may have only 1 state championship to show on his record but like dean smith he has a lot of former players who have went on to become better adults because of his leadership.