1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

METRO LEAGUE PARTICIPATION

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by yankees, Sep 12, 2007.

1. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

1. These rules as far as in school workouts are not in effect when school is out fo rthe summer. Case in point, football players can practice in full gear all summer long with as many as they want, yet must go back to t-shirts and helmets 1st official day. Basketball takes full teams in summer leagues... legion teams coached by HS coaches...

2. As long as you have no more than 8 of your own players, you can do what you want during the skill development sessions, that's why I dont see full teams in this league from 1 school. I can see 2 schools combining, but that would take a lot of trust, etc...

3. Not sure of your point, unclear to me... I will try though. If there's a legal transfer, you dont sit out in HS. A person can move in mid season and enroll in another school and if he is eligible, can play immediately. That happened in Basketball in Forsyth County several years ago... Catamount36 et al. can help with that one...

2. baserunning

baserunning Member

Thats the answers I was looking for ..thanks coach..sometimes the rules are hard to interpret.

3. 4-6-3-DP

4-6-3-DP Full Access Member

This league was okay'd by NCHSAA. How, I'm not sure. I wish I could remember the ladies name who put this through, but I can't off the top of my head. If it wasn't so far, you should join the league!!

4. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

How could an opportunity for kids to play baseball be a negative thing?

5. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Definitely not a negative thing... just oes against the traditional stance and the reasoning why the workouts are set as they are, according to the NCHSAA, which was to slow the specialization and encourage participation in more than 1 sport. I realize though that this is a thing of the past and has been for a long, so I guess they couldnt avoid the inevitable....

Kids playing the greatest game on earth is the best!! NO DOUBTS!!

6. SoutherNo1

SoutherNo1 Full Access Member

Winners find a way.

7. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

...and Losers find a way

8. ncsu82

ncsu82 Full Access Member

And sometimes it rains.......hopefully today.

9. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Fortunately my son does find a way. He hits in the mornings before school and then after football on Thursday's since practice ends at 6 instead of 7:30. On Thursday he can hit and get a 50-60 pitch bullpen in.

What's tough is you have the football coaches telling the baseball players not to play baseball during football season (can't blame them; afterall it is football season). And the baseball coaches say it's ok to not play MUCH baseball but the single sport athletes will be out there so you're falling behind. And BTW, I get to work with them all fall but not you. I think even you guys would admit it's tough for a HS kid to please 2 masters/bosses.

10. Dawgswood

Dawgswood Full Access Member

Just so everyone is clear, I've been told the HS Coaches do not manage the team when it is playing. They are not allowed on the field. Perhaps that changes the view for some.