1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Middle school softball

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by sbfever, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Fastpitch Coach

Fastpitch Coach Full Access Member

Stick Wolf

Hopefully some good news on the way for fastpitch and baseball for middle school in Iredell County. The Iredell Co. athletic director has given the OK to proceed with try-out teams starting next year for both sports and will be tied to the middle schools. (The Catch) We all in the school communities must get fields built or repaired in time to start next spring. So spread the word and lets get the fields ready this summer.

2. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Hey CB lighten up man, I don't have a BEEF with you or anybody else on this board.....most of the time I'm just cutting up with the users, because I know most of them personally...yes, I might seem out of line sometime,but honestly I'm really a nice guy, but everybody has their own opinion about me ask J.fagala----LOL----most of my buddies that know me laugh that I'm even on the message board anyway...I tell them that it is therapy for the compulsive behavior that I possess....Really if I've offended anybody, I'm trully sorry,and don't want any animosity against me or my family...stay cool....GURU.....:42:

3. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

great news fastpitch coach....just in time when i leave.... HAHAHA........I know North Middles field NEEDS a ton of work.........But hey whatever helps the softball programs in this area........

4. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

sorry

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

john and i laffed......now who should lighten up.

good luck with the therapy though.

6. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

okaY

oKAY, i TRIED !!!----- guru

:2:

7. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

MS Ball should be a feeder for HS

I think MS ball program should be a feeder program for the area HS but as anyone who follows HS sports these days, HS sports in general are very political. But aside from that most of the MS teams that my DD's MS played were not even close to strong so a lot her my DD's MS team fed into the local HSs but who knows about some! And then of course you have the kids that might go to MS one place and move to another area to go to the HS of their choice! Whatever it takes! In answer to your question, yes, I believe that MS programs should be the feeder programs for HS programs! I think a good/worth anything HS coach attends games for the MS team. But you have TB that coaches go to see future players at as well!
    Peace, Love and Happiness

8. nctiger

nctiger Full Access Member

Here in Caldwell we play our softball schedule for the middle schools in the fall,, so that makes for a long time between the end of there middle school and the start of the High school season.
    And yes, we have one or two players that might make a jv squad, one that I will mention is a lefty pitcher, not very good, but does throws in the mid fifties with very good control, since her season ended, she has developed a rise ball, and a drop dead change up, but being she is only about 5'9" and weighs about 150 lbs. the jury is still out on her whether or not she can even make the squad.

But it does appear the she will not be completely forgotton, as she gets appx. two calls a week from tb coaches who think they might can find a place for her to play.

Remember the name, Chastian Hall......

9. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

not forgotten, get her out More.....outside her/there comfort zone too!

love to see her pitch sometime!!

10. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

Middle school scores

NCMS (Newton-Conover) defeated Grandview(Hickory) 28-10 on Tuesday. Chelsea Cullars went 4-4 (triple, 2 doubles, and a single). Lots of new players both sides.