1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Middle school softball

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by sbfever, Mar 20, 2007.

1. softballmom35

softballmom35 softball diva

EBMS...18 - Table Rock Middle...2

A great afternoon of softball in Burke County as EB Lady Raiders defeated TR Falcons 18-2 in 5 innings to advance their record to 5-0. Alicia Byrd hit a triple in the first inning. Alicia, Taylor, Jackie, Danie, Nicole, Kayla, Tiffany, Presley and Amber G. ALL hit the ball well, scoring runs. Catcher, Jackie Huffman did a good job keeping the ball in front of her and pitcher, Kayla Shelton had 10 strikeouts. We had a tight infield and solid outfield to hold off runs from the Falcons. Fantastic job girls!

Wednesdays game against E.McDowell has been postponed until a later date TBA. Next Scheduled game is April 19 @ EBMS against Heritage Middle.

2. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

East Iredell Middle-5

North Iredell A-1

Karley Harkey a 7th grader has turned into quite a pitcher.......Had our 8th graders hand cuffed all night.......Great job by Karley and the East girls.......

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

IMPORTANT PERIOD IN THEIR LIVES NOTIFICATION:
    between 8th grader fall season and Spring 9th grade season in HS......you have Extra time to work....use it wisely. seek extra help outside your comfort zone and play alot of ball are important and could very well be a turning point for Them. just what i have observed.

i love spring and fall MS School Ball.....balance!

4. tonync55

tonync55 Full Access Member

It looks like East Burke has some good talent coming up. This crowd of ladies along with the Icard girl that is recovering from knee surgery will make the future bright for East Burke.:yes:

5. tarheels72

tarheels72 Full Access Member

Jacobs Fork 24-4 over Grandview. Next up Newton Conover.

6. Crazecoach

Crazecoach For HIS Glory...

update NC vs Maiden

Newton-Conover middle goes down hard today at the hands of Maiden. I can't remember the final score, but it was by at least 17 runs. Key injuries to 2 of NC's TB players may have effected the outcome or maybe not?????who knows.??? Chelsea Cullars 4-4 with 6 of NC's 10 rbi's. Coach was so desperate, he had her to pitch(LOL if you know her) the last two innings. She had 2 strikeouts, no walks, but hit 2 batters. Maybe I'll get her some pitching lessons.....LOL. :doh: Hope it rains Thursday before the Jacobs Fork game.....Just kidding..

7. Crazecoach

NC vs Jacobs Fork tommorrow

I was just told by my DD that Newton-Conover will be starting a new pitcher tommorrow against JF. This young lady has never pitched a game or even had proper lessons. By the looks of practice today, I would say she hasn't picked up a glove until this year. Not trying to be ugly, but is that someone you want on the mound??? One of the TB players is coming back tommorrow from a shoulder injury and the coach is starting her behind the plate.??????:nopity: :bigcry: :1zhelp: Looks like another big score/ little score for the update later......

8. tigerfan

tigerfan Member

STOP WHINING JUST PLAY

9. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

does sound like you guys need to get some lessons for whoever is going to pitch.....pitching is easy for those who are willing to WORK!

only one MS feeder program??

Chelsea could be you answer........Get her going with lessons. jmo

most kids will learn within a year....beginners to Mound, with alot of work; plus proper technique. determined/gifted individuals(players/parents), makes this learning process Alot shorter. Average or even below average youngsters can be trained to pitch and be sucessful.

IE......2 kids in gastonia with outstanding athletic abilities, 10 y/o has picked it up in 3 months....Denver Dazzle players too! Special athletes,eager to learn and work!! I just hope i can keep up with their internal progressive timetables!

dont get me started with the Lincoln County young-guns...:59:

10. Crazecoach

NC vs JF

JF over NC 15-3. On a bright note for NC, Chelsea Cullars hit an over the fence HR to left and was walked the second at bat. Game was called before her third at bat.(she was on deck). Congrats to Savanna "Bam Bam" Burns for her inside the park HR for JF! Kendyl Settlemyre(spelling????) also did a great job behind the plate for JF!