1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mooresville coach

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Stanlysoftball, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. pepper17

pepper17 Full Access Member

Too bad when emotions get that high and an other-wise community-minded person loses their cool.

It's a game, for the girls, so bite your tongue and walk it off! It's not worth going to jail for.....

3. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

unfortunate decision on the part of the officer or any parent for that matter. this year seems to be a year for it, the arguements from parents are on the increase at our school. we seem to have a group of parents who believe this is rec ball and all kids should play no matter what the outcome or situation or talent level.

as our game was finishing up last night, walking toward the parking lot, i saw a group of parents, on the baseball field yelling at the head baseball coach, it was horrible, players trying to fight each other, parents yelling at the top of their lung capacity and nothing but total kaos on the field. it all started with one disgruntled parent leading a pack.

time and place for everything, and it aint on the field after a game with players still around.:willy_nilly:

4. JavelinCatcher

JavelinCatcher Full Access Member

Time and a place

Exactly right cheese. There is a time and place for everything. We always told the parents at the beginning of team practices (after we picked the team) that we encouraged open communication but would not ever discuss playing time and would not discuss any other decisions we had made after any game, win or lose. We also told them we would not talk about anything in front of the girls no matter what. We were more than happy to explain our decisions to the parent(s) and suggest things they could do to help their DD get better but it wouldn't be anything we hadn't already spoken to their DD about.

Of course there were some that would try to do all of the above. We just had to walk away for them to get the point.

5. My Kid

My Kid Member

What does that mean, it is okay for parents to act like idiots, as long as our kids are not there to see it? Just asking. P. S. This parent I know is good, sometimes when people don't like someone it doesn't take much to say I WAS HIT, come on, a hand on a shoulder, I need a little more details please.

6. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

7. Stanlysoftball

understand

I guess information will one day come out. But my thought is, the media in this case the CLT O. reported all this and left us hanging. But you are correct did the officer "HIT/Strike" the coach and that would be battery. Or just approach her and put his hand on the shoulder to get her attention to ask a question. If he has been around the police for 10 or 15 yrs as has been reported. HE KNOWES the law. Hope it all works out......

8. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

its never ok for a parent to act like an idiot, but it happens. for some it doesnt matter if a player is around or not, which teaches the kid its ok to act the part of a fool to get your point across. i never have a private discussion with a parent, i always have another coach around to help keep everyones cool and this also keeps the false statements in check. one thing about stories like this, we will never know all the details.

9. Softball Guru

Softball Guru Banned From TBR

Hey !!

How about coaches that act like fools?? Throwing buckets slamming their hands against the dugouts, or etc....I watched this happen the other week and the umpire did nothing !!!

[​IMG]:arge:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  10. Stanlysoftball

female coach

I saw a female coach give a ump a real dose one day and I think the ump was scared to toss her. I mean she went off. She did everything but say bad words. Kicked dirt, water on 3rd base, pointing fingers in his face and so on. I thought it was BILLY MARTIN/LOU PINELLA without the bad words. When it was over and she had nothing else to say or do, the ump asked her if she was done. Sent her to the dug out and not to come out again. Wish I had a video and AMFV would have sent me 25K $$$$$. She and her team still lost the game.... Just one question..... "Can a female coach seem to get away with a "little" more than a male coach?" Till the bad words start flying?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.