1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Most obnoxious parent... nominations

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by runemout, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Gman13'sdad

Gman13'sdad Full Access Member

might be a good thing... you won't be able to hear him from there!

2. scal

scal Full Access Member

That's not obnoxious, that's Daddy Ball.

3. fastpitchdad1994

fastpitchdad1994 Where is the GURU???

Now what do you KNOW about that??? lol...........

4. laid back

laid back Junior Member

When she gets there and plays in the SEC his attitude will change. It's not travel ball.
    May be a long season.

Go Vols.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  5. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

LOL Like Cheeze said, it has been around for ever and the talent level of the player does not matter, Seen it in Rec to HS and to a lesser extent in college only because college teams "own the players and can drop them when it get out of hand. Got one on my DGD team that has something to say to his DD after every pitch she throws, swing she takes and play she is involved in, and he STILL makes a few trips a game to the dugout to confer with her or tell the coaches what they should be doing.

6. ChiliDAWG

ChiliDAWG Full Access Member

Takes all kinds.... it's fun to watch though -LOL!
    Dawg, You've been around so long, it never changes does it? I think that sometimes, the parents (especially some pitching parents) get so wrapped up in wantiing their DD to do well that, they start living vicariously through their DD. Its a shame, I've seen some really good talent that has been so scrutinized by their parents that they lose the love of the game. Too much pressure!

Having seen that early on, it became a goal that I would never become "that guy"... but you know, it's hard to do... you love your kids and want to try to help them! I learned that as far as my DD is concerned, cheer the good stuff - cheer the team (all of them) and fix the mistakes by working it out in extra practice - or, just let her coach handle it. The player is always VERY WELL AWARE of any mistakes or shortcomings they may have in a game - they are harder on themselves than anyone else could be - game time is no time to "ride" a player.
    So, Mommy or Daddy (or both) - get away from behind homeplate and get out in right field when your kid is on the mound or in a pressure situation at the plate, or whatever!
    Suprised I haven't been nominated yet... where you at "Done Yet" ? , "Uncle" ?
    Gonna really miss ya Ray... Hope you come out to watch the "Boola" in college.... Go Bulldogs!

7. swingaway

swingaway Full Access Member

Fast feet, fast feet..... Clearly the most obnoxious fan I have ever seen at a game. Yells only for his team's players but it is constant and in a manner meant to intimidate the other team.

Played them in Concord and he sat on front row of bleachers, leaning forward toward our batters and yelled non - stop. After his team won, he put on a green mask and went out on the field and did an indian dance in the pitcher's circle. He about got decked that day by numerous adults!

Police were called in NSA state in rock hill after he was shoved by two women. They thought he was intentionally trying to intimidate their daughter.

We have a recording of his yelling and we play it in the off season as motivation! Nothing like a winter workout with this obnoxious fan providing motivation for my daughter's improvement.

Sad part is - it really effects their team.

8. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

Wow. classic idiot. any good tournament director would know about this clown and not admit him or sit someone really close to wait for the first insult or act of stupidity, then throw his butt to the curb.....:cartman::no:

9. PitcherzMom

PitcherzMom Full Access Member

Well said, ChiliDAWG! As you can tell by my name, I'm a pitchers mom, (and my husband and I enjoyed talking with you in Columbia recently) but I support all the players because it takes a TEAM to win. As far as I'm concerned, it's up to the coaches to make the decisions they feel are best for the team, and to help them to improve where needed. We all know there are teams where the parents feel like the coach isn't doing a good job, but that's another subject all together. In our high school seasons, I actually yelled and cheered more for our other pitcher than for my own DD. As for parents being behind home plate...........before the start of my DD's sophomore year (injury sidelined her freshman year), she told her dad that he was NOT to be behind home plate when she's pitching.

Bottom line..........support all the kids, not just one. They're the ones out there giving it their all and have the same goal. There's nothing wrong with wanting your DD to do well and get that scholarship, but your DD isn't the only one out there.

10. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Full Access Member

I saw the title of this thread "Most obnoxious parent..." and was trying hard who I could nominate...... then it came to me.......

I NOMINATE......

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!