1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Mud Cat Question for you?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bc11, Mar 28, 2003.

1. bc11

bc11 Junior Member

Mud Cat, got a quick question for you. I had the oppurtunity to see West play some last year and they were loaded. I know this years team is as good or if not better. I have heard a few people comparing this team to the team that Hyatt had in 1996. I know that last years team tied the school win mark that the team in 1996 did. Can you give me your opinion on how these two teams stack up. It would be interesting to compare to some of the names and see how they stacked up against guys like Ryan Rector, Wesley King, Scott Galloway, Scott Silvers, Ryan Monteith, Jeremiah Guffey and a few others. I feel you were the best source to come to for this.

2. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

To be honest, I didn't follow the team all that close during the years you are talking about. I got involved 4 years ago. Comparing this year to last years team that went 25-2 the one thing that is standing out so far has been the pitching and defense. Through 8 games they have a combined ERA of .78. When you add this to fielding % of .984 you have a team that is not gonna beat themselves very often. The team may not have the power at the plate that last yrs team had with the graduation of McCarson. But they are hitting at a .431 clip after setting a team record last yr of .402. They hit 1 through 9 with a couple quality bats coming off the bench. It will be interesting to see how this bunch progresses. This is a senior led team.
    Check out this website: www.eteamz.com/westhendersonfalcons
    All of the teams individual and team, season and career records on on there. After this season you will certainly see some of the current seniors moving into the recordbooks and owning some of these records. Will give you a good comparison.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2003