1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

MVAC 1A/2A Outlook

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by WilkesCentral, Jun 24, 2009.

1. WilkesCentral

WilkesCentral Member

Elkin should be the favorite to win this conference, along with the 1A State Championship. They return I think 18 starters off a Western Final team. Justin Strickland, Damon Smith, Jamie Anthony, and Jermaine Hayes will be some big weapons on offense. Their lines will be flat nasty.

Wilkes Central underachieved last year, and I really don't know what to expect. I know we will have a ton of athletes to work with. 6-3 Roddie Bridges returns at QB and is a wonderful athlete. 6-4 MarQuise Thomas, and 6-1 Christian Gibbs will give us some big targets at WR. Leo Guevara(3400 career rushing yards) returns at RB, but look for Trae Alexander, Chris Watt, Brendon Parsons, and Ja'shawn Lindon to get some carries. Should be a deep backfield. Anchoring the lines will be Bakari Walker, Davelle Monroe, and Brent Kelly. Underclassmen Marquise Garret, and Storm Lipford(Cousin of Hibritens Darius Lipford) to make a impact. Dalton Johnson, Adam Parker, and Christian Gibbs will be a solid group of LB's. Our secondary will have some athletism with Jordon Carlton, and Roddie Bridges back there. Other players will be Quaciy Barnes, Aaron Horton, Austin Church, and maybe an East WIlkes transfer in Trendon Harris. As usual our success depends on our line, if the line gels early we could be pretty good.

Starmount returns 9 starters off a Western Final team that got blasted by Newton-Conover(but who didn't?). They lose some very good athletes in Rashaun GAither, Jerome Gadberry, Keith Bryant, and Shane Bryant. They have a good JV team, and a great QB.

East Wilkes has some serious talent and a GREAT RB in Aaron Baugess, as well as Jesse White, and Michae Bryan. McKinly White will turn some heads this year as well as Landon Wlaker. They are a sleeper team.

North Wilkes, West Wilkes, Ashe County, Forbush, Alleghany, and Ashe County will be the bottom feeders, but Ashe is always a team you can't count out.

I think the conference will finish something like this:

1.Elkin
    2.WC
    3.East Wilkes
    4.Starmount
    (1-4 could finish any different way, but regardless...these will be the top 4 teams)

5.Ashe
    6.Forbush
    7.N. Wilkes
    8.Alleghany
    9.West Wilkes
    (With the exception of Ashe, the bottom 4 teams could finish differently to).

Looks like a decent conference, and should make for an exciting, interestinf season.