1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

My opinion on Alexander Central

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by stopper83, Apr 5, 2010.

1. stopper83

stopper83 Full Access Member

This is my opinion and my opinion only on AC at this point in the season. I am going to start with today's loss to SS at the Easter tournament in Hickory. What I think our players don't understand is when you are at the top of your game and things are going really well, teams want to knock you off. I noticed today a little cockiness instead of confidence, there is a difference. A team with confidence plays to win, knowing they're going to win. A team that is cocky is depending on the other team to lay down. I beleive AC had the confidence but they didn't come out from the start and declare that they were the better team. Their cockiness held them back today. Confidence pushes you to perform at another level, cockiness suffocates that drive to perform at a level that demands excellence. Cockiness settles for mediocracy, confidence demands positive results. When the Alexander Central players understand the difference they may be unbeatable. This is a team that could possibly go deep into the playoffs, if they will approach every game with the same intensity as they did the night they faced FTF's McKinney. SS played a great game but if AC shows up with the same approach they did against FTF, we would have and could have been out of there in 5. Wake up boys, for some of you this is your last shot at something that you'll talk about for years to come.

2. Wise One

Wise One No Doubt

I didn't see the game so I'll take your word for it. I must say that it was shocking to hear they had lost after playing so well of late.