1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

N.C. Legion Tournament (1st Round)

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by TROCK, Jul 30, 2005.

1. UK7Dook3

UK7Dook3 Full Access Member

9, you just wrote a masterpiece. Expert analysis indeed. And the kudos you gave to Griff & his staff is understated in my eyes. Griff has the best baseball mind I've ever been around. Nothing escapes him. And his technical analysis is good enough to be in the League. This team would be nowhere without Griff.

Intimidator, I sure as heck didn't pick Lex. When we won game one, I told everyone: "Enjoy the moment...this probably is our last celebration." I love to be wrong this time.

2. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

Thanks UK, but you know, this kind of stuff just writes itself - "storybook season" I tell you. My father-in-law said last night on the ride back, "You know, somebody could write a book about this team/season." I couldn't agree more.

3. Ball-dee

Ball-dee Member

Congratulations to Lexington. They must be a special group. After watching Morton on Friday, I have to say he will be very difficult to beat. I hope you win it all. Team chemistry is very important and obviously they have it and many more of the intangibiles.

4. TROCK

TROCK Full Access Member

Legion Finals

8-02-05

Pitt County 10
    Cherryville 7

Pitt County 10
    Eastern Randolph 0

8-03-05 Pitt County vs. Lexington 4:00 pm
    Note: If Pitt County wins the 4:00 pm game, Pitt County and Lexington will play again. Game time 7:00 pm.

All games are being carried by WCSL 1590, WLON 1050, and you can also go on line at www.hrnb.com

5. UK7Dook3

The game to see will be 4PM when Andrew Morton faces off with ???? one of Pitt's many arms. It should be a classic. Pitt was the pre-tourny co-favorite (along with Caldwell). They will be a tough out, but Lexington has had a horseshoe up their fanny the last 6 weeks. Things just seem to fall into place for them. I'll be there ready to enjoy the showdown.

6. Super Jon

Super Jon Member

I understand that Lexington has both of their top pitchers available for tomorrow. Are they starting Morton in game 1 against presumably Pitt's #1 or are they going to start their #2 to see if he can get a lead and then bring in Morton in relief? I've heard of coaches doing both and can see the pros and cons of each. I'm just wonderin what Coach Griffin is doing.

7. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

If Coach Griff doesn't start Morton in Game 1, I will run around the ballpark naked. That's how sure I am that #18 will be on the hill at 4:00. The kid is 12-0, and the heart and soul of this team. The ball will be in his hands. No doubt in my mind.

8. UK7Dook3

9--if Griff reads your post, he may hold The Kid back just to see the show.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Go Lexy Go !!! :bananalam

10. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Pitt ----------1
    Lexington-----1 bottom of the 10th inning

Stand up double and 2 bunts in the 5th..for Pitt
    Lexington scores 1 in top 8th.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005