1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC ASA State Tournament

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by FPSOFTBALL23, Jul 6, 2005.

1. fp2003

fp2003 Member

florence tourny

carolina cardinals win the hot times classic.ray chandlers girls showed championship form all day.

2. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

that they did!!!

Congratulations Cardinals!!

3. FPSOFTBALL23

FPSOFTBALL23 Full Access Member

You have to make sacrifices but in the end it is all well worth all the sacrifices a parent has to make even if it does not translate into a college scholly!!!!!!! Just seeing your daughter doing something she loves to do is all worth it. Enjoy them while you can because they are gone in a blink of an eye.

4. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

Tourney

Not sure why U are so sour but most of these teams do fund raisers, pursue small sponsors, parents pay a fee, and all that put together translate to the type of tourneys they play. Also, many coaches use all their vacation time just to attend these events. We have worked 14-16 hours a day at the racetrack, done car washes, bake sales, parked cars, sold various goodies at the basketball games, concerts, etc. It is all in what U are willing to do to help your child and other people's children reach a dream. There are many other things we all spend money on that do not bring the return that fastpitch softball (or other sports and activities) brings to our children. We know where they are, who they are with and what they are doing when they are involved in this great sport. It helps prepare them for dealing with life, communicating with superiors, working as a team to accomplish a goal, and learning how to come back from adversity. Lots of good life lessons! There is always a way if it means enough to U! :twocents:

5. FPSOFTBALL23

:agreed: Well said Rodney!!! I agree 100%.

6. HSFAN

HSFAN Full Access Member

Originally Posted by CanAmMan
    It must be nice to have the money & time to play in all these big tourny's.

YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON THE MEMORIES THAT ARE GENERATED OR THE FRIENDSHIPS THAT ARE MADE.

7. FPSOFTBALL23

:agreed: That is so TRUE!!! These days with your daughter(s) will last a life time!! You can always go back and do the things you think you may have missed after Softball is all over!! Time is to short as it is!!

8. CanAmMan

CanAmMan Full Access Member

I am not sour one bit. Just it is hard to attand all these tourny's when you are on a limited budget & limited time off. If the wife does not work she does not get paid. I have enjoyed all the times that we have been at the ballpark, well not as this spring & summer!!! and I know that my stepdaughter really appreciates that we have been their with her!