1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC State Championship Schedules

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MsFishwrapper, Jun 2, 2003.

1. MsFishwrapper

MsFishwrapper Junior Member

2. Original

Original Full Access Member

MSFishwrapper......

My curiosity has gotten the best of me and I can stand it no longer......Where DID you come up with the name MsFishwrapper? I'm sure there is an interesting story behind it which you may or may not want to share.

3. MsFishwrapper

MsFishwrapper Junior Member

Original, I don't mind at all. Of course it really dates me. The summer of '79, I met my then to be husband. He played on a softball team called the Fishwrappers. Fishwrapper is another word for a newspaper (newspapers were often used to wrap fish and other fresh foods years ago). He was a sportswriter at the time and introduced me to the love of baseball. It's all been a ride since!

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Wow...what a neat story.......I was interested in how you chose that screen name myself. Mmmmm...1979....although, that was before my time, it brings another interesting question:

Disco vs Beach Music ?.....somehow, I just can't picture Mr. Fishwrapper doing the Hustle on the dance floor, but more like "shagging" on the beach. But, he is a man of many talents, so, nothing would surprise me....so, okay...which one is his specialty? :)

Edit--I'm glad I always stay on topic, now if we can only find the stories behind Phantom and Original"s screen names?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2003
  5. Original

Original Full Access Member

Love it! Great Story! Thanks for sharing!