1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NC State Playoff Brackets

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NC-dad, Apr 25, 2003.

1. NC-dad

NC-dad Full Access Member

2. the_insider

the_insider baseball doctor

has anyone noticed?

that hte sw4-a and the meca8 are loaded at the bottome half of the western bracket only exception sw4-a #4 seed. these guys beat on each other all year long an now they got to beat on each other in the play-offs. c'mon dick knox we got to fix this like soccer and football and seed the teams, so that you son't end up with possible conference atchups in the second and third round.

hey it's just a thought

3. Caroliner

Caroliner Full Access Member

I agree it is more than ironic that teams who have to beat each other during the season to advance out of conference may have to beat each other again to advance past the 2nd round of the state playoffs.

But the only alternative would be much longer road trips during the first couple of rounds. Maybe they should start calling the first 2 rounds regionals or sectionals but whatever they call it, I think it is only done like that to avoid that extensive travel until later in the playoffs. With all the budget cutbacks throughout the state, I would be surprised to see them do anything that would cost schools more money no matter how little it is. It would be nice to see something change though just for the sake of common sense.

Besides, as you said, Southwestern conference has 4 bids!!!!!!
    I am sure that some of these conferences who are getting 2 bids will take a couple off your hands so you guys won't have to play each other. Southwestern conference is in an enviable position and has a great opportunity this year. Take it and Run!!

4. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

I know the "extra" bid or bids rotate around every year -- NCBBfan or Prepster or Braves, why don't one of you guys in the know enlighten us as to how that rotation works.

5. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

All I see are the 4A brackets, whats up with that?

6. NC-dad

NC-dad Full Access Member

In the address where it says 4a change to 3a-2a or 1a!

7. SteelBalzs

SteelBalzs Junior Member

8. Village Idiot

Village Idiot cloud of dust

Thanks guys.....you rock!

9. the_insider

the_insider baseball doctor

QUOTE]Originally posted by DodgerBlues
    I know the "extra" bid or bids rotate around every year -- NCBBfan or Prepster or Braves, why don't one of you guys in the know enlighten us as to how that rotation works. [/QUOTE]

the state goes on a "percentage" on the five year plan.

it takes a conference (i.e. sw4a, and meca)
    "the two biggest in west 4a"
    multiplies the #of teams by 5 (8teams*5= 40 possible teams)
    then looks at fitting the numbers ove the five years (3,4,3,3,3=16 playoff spots) 16/40= 40%

in contrast it takes the 4a central piedmont
    6 teams * 5 = 30 2,2,3,2,3= 11 12/ 30 = 40 percent

it may or not be fair each year when one conference in a given year is stronger than another, but that's why we are here to whine and complain

the state is looking at possibly increasing the number of playoff spots to 48 or to 64, but it will not be this year (i think i here feet dragging in Raliegh - lik that never happens).. but next year we could see either an extra round or two brackets like football

i hope i answered your question dodger

10. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Thanks, Insider -- every year people complain when it's their year with fewer spots. Nice to see that the formula works to make it fair to everyone over a 5 year period. Hope the 64 team bracket is in place by next year.