1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCAA softball still dominated by regions

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EastOfRaleigh, May 23, 2011.

1. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

ALLY

Yes I know Ally Blake very well. She and my DD are close. She is complete D1 catcher and could be easily playing at FLA ALB or UCLA but chose UNC. So, as Dukedog said pitching is needed. Then, should the ACC schools start doing some homework on the top 20 or so HS pitchers in the US and Canada (Danielle Lawrie)and the top HS pitchers in NC?? My guess is that they are already. Again we come back to why would a top pitcher in FLA or TEX turn down UCLA or FLA to come to V TECH or UNC. I remember when Dean Smith got Larry Miller and Charlie Scott and UNC Basketball changed in the ACC. So should a ACC SB coach go all out to get a #1, 2 or 3 pitcher in US?

2. EastOfRaleigh

EastOfRaleigh Full Access Member

yes.

agree. great on the NC HS level but not what you are seeing in these top teams advancing to the WCWS.

Ala. has 2 outstanding pitchers.

although I am watching Ga. vs Baylor w/ Baylor swatting Ga.'s pitching all over the park in game 3. This after Ga. did the same thing (scoring 14 runs) to Baylor in game 2.

3. EastOfRaleigh

looking for more

as a Wolfpack fan in all sports...........looking for more than just competitive; why not championship caliber once again?!!

Wolfpack Unlimited. Refuse to accept the status quo.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  4. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt Member

ACC teams, especially UNC need more money and adminstration support for their softball program. The salaries do not come close to SEC or Big Ten and facilities are slowly falling behind. UNC expects to get by on their image and name and though that is a strong draw-it is not enough. Look at the number of coaches that have gone elsewhere from UNC and not even in softball. Mens soccer coach left supposedly because UNC would not give him what he fairly deserves as a National Championship Coach-he was told "if you are in it for the money then you need to look elsewhere". Coach Papa is grossly under paid to be a 1000 win coach (1 or approx. 15) a class act alone and a staple to Carolina Softball. $$$$$$ and investment in the vision that she has for her program is what is needed.

5. EastOfRaleigh

west recruiting east ?

have any of the traditionally strong softball western schools recruited NC girls? I read somewhere that they did this year, the pitcher from Alex. Central HS; not sure what western schools.

6. Dukedog4

Dukedog4 Full Access Member

How far west?

In Lincoln's day Illinois was "west". D Glosson had a great career at SIU:)

7. fpdad218

fpdad218 Full Access Member

Not so, she is going to NC State

8. JefferMC

JefferMC Full Access Member

Just because she decided to attend NC State does not necessarily mean she wasn't recruited by a "western" school. They may just not have been successful in their recruting effort.

9. Stanlysoftball

Stanlysoftball Full Access Member

at home

Great talent staying at home. Wish she had chosen UNC. oh well

10. WndMillR

WndMillR Full Access Member

This states it all.....and as a whole....there no reason to believe this is gonna
    change any time soon.....