1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCHSAA Brackets posted

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, May 9, 2012.

1. tj21

tj21 Moderator

When JM Robinson pitches their ace, they can beat anyone. The thing that adds to this "one and done" playoff system, is how/when coaches decide to use their ace. If you have a #2 who is really a 1A, then it may not matter,,,
    but when your 1 is truly head and shoulders better than most anyone in the state (JMR's ace is a Clemson commit), then how/when you use your ace is huge.

Having seen JMR about 3 times this year (maybe 4), I still have questions about their hitting, but hey 1-0 is still a win.

2. karlrocket

karlrocket Full Access Member

3A East

In the Wilson Times this morning, it said that Wilson Hunt's game with North Lenoir will be Thursday night. (7:00)

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

When do you use your ace?...always...the first game. Or he may never play the 2nd round. How many times have we read or seen a coach reserve his ace and get upset after the first game? Too many to count; and I would imagine that coach 2nd guessing himself all summer (or year for that matter.)

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Get ready for the cowbells catamount!!!...oops, wrong year :lach:

5. Baseball Guy 22

Baseball Guy 22 Junior Member

1st round

Hope that I'm wrong on this one but I'm fearful that 3 of 4 CPC might be out after 1st round. In 2nd half of CPC, Davie County was only team that I thought showed up to play. Mt Tabor did beat Reagan and West but both of them have slid a little from early in season so while those are good wins I'm not sure they mean what they should.

I have listened all season about the Charlotte teams and I think it holds true.

One side note is that St Clair from Mt Tabor can present issues but I'm not sure he has seen what he's going to see in Providence

Looking forward to playoffs starting

6. 4Boards

4Boards Junior Member

That was a 2nd round game last year and it was a classic. Real tough 2nd round draw for MR.

7. weyco2000

weyco2000 Full Access Member

Think TJ was maybe referring to JM Robinson... would ya throw Brody against a 10-12 Ashboro or save him for a possible MR match-up in round 2? Even though JMR #2 Perry is a fine pitcher, Brody is on another level and JMR doesnt exactly burn up the scoreboard. Guess thats why HS coaches get paid the big bucks... lol :xyxthumbs:

8. tonyfossas

tonyfossas Full Access Member

Any team that does not throw their #1 is in for a sick feeling when the coulda shoulda woulda questions come about......and you are turning in the uniforms! Just to give you a bit of advice that 10-12 Asheboro beat a very good SW Guilford team that is like 21-5 right now entering the playoffs.....

9. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

yeah - I remember in 2009 when Ragsdale was loaded for bear. Played Parkland in the first round and got beat - they had Nick McBride - drafted by the Rangers now pitching for the Crawdads - sitting. Ragsdale should have won it all that year instead they never got of out Round One.

And it wasn't like Ragsdale threw chopped liver out there - Pitcher had never lost a game in three years at Ragsdale - was one of the best pitchers on High Point legion team - but he wasn't the #1.

"a sick feeling when the coulda shoulda woulda"

10. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Exactly, Braves I just like seeing coaches make moves, because lets face it we all like to gamble ever now and then.

IMO, JMR is simply in that unique position that every team is not always in. They have a shutdown #1, and a very good #2 pitcher who could beat many playoff teams. They have a .500 opponent as their 1st round game, with powerful Marvin Ridge looming in the 2nd round. I know all about "you gotta win today", but in JMR's case I know what I would be tempted to do.

Last edited: May 11, 2012