1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCHSAA Brackets posted

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mincmi, May 9, 2012.

1. TriadMan23

TriadMan23 Full Access Member

I personally think JMR would be crazy to throw their 1 guy against Asheboro.

I've always been a believer that you play to win the whole tournament, not just the game at hand. If JMR pitches their #1 and wins tonight, they're almost sure to lose to MR in round 2.

Gotta give yourself a chance to win both games. If your #2 can't beat Asheboro, you aren't going to make a deep run anyways.

2. TriadMan23

There was a higher being at work that night. Remember the story of Tanner Beck and how he hit the game winner the day after his dad passed away? One of the wildest high school baseball stories I've ever heard.

3. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Also their #2 would be a lot of teams' #1.

4. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

yeah. I remember. But still you just can't go out with your ace never throwing a single pitch.

I remember you too...*&&*(^$&*^%&*^%*&^%*&^

5. TriadMan23

LOL. We had some great games against you guys. The homerun in '07 is still almost surreal to me. High school baseball was so important to me, I'm not sure I'd have ever gotten over it if we lost to you guys by 1 run in the playoffs again like we had already done the year before. I would pay big, big money for a video tape of that 7th inning but I've never been able to find anyone that was recording it.

I hear you on the ace pitcher thing. 2 opposing philosophies, I guess. I normally agree with "play to win today" but not in a unique spot like JM Robinson is in.