1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCHSAA Football Championships Pairings

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by HighPoint49er, Nov 5, 2005.

1. sockittome16

sockittome16 Full Access Member

You have to put Indy at #1. Sure Leak and Cox are gone, but they also went undefeated in a pretty tough conference, and to have them play an away game is dumb. As the press always says, they're #1 until they've been beaten, and I think it'd be cool if Indy wins 100 in a row, but if Tommy Knotts can get this team to win the title this year then he should get a D1-AA or D2 head coaching job cause Richmond is scary good this year, and for Indy having a "down" year they are still unbelievable. What ticks me off is the fact that Indy has the nations longest winning streak in the country and are #6 in the SI polls. Now that's stupid. Big diss to NC football. Even though I think the only teams that could even come close to competing for a High School State title at the 5A (average is a little bigger than our 4A. like 2,300 or 2,400 kids in an average 5A school) down here would be Richmond or Indy. Every other team would get destroyed, and I think NC football is underrated. Hope my old school, East Meck, can pull off an upset or two.

2. PostalDB42

PostalDB42 vandam lift extroardinare

lol christ just let'em go at it in the championship game, i'll personally be for the boys from rockingham but i just want to see who the best is this year

3. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

NO

You don't.

Past success don't mean a thing in this years playoffs.

Every 10-0 conference champ has just as much right to the #1 seed as any other. If Knotts cries about being seeded #2 behind Richmond I will lose all respect for him.

Greensboro Grimsley is a 10-0 #1 seed in small 4A - last year they played 4AA - but even though they are a perrenial doormat they would have just as much right to a #1 as Indy or Richmond if they were still in 4AA.

If Indy can't beat Richmond @ Richmond then Indy wasn't the #1 team were they?

I can't believe the amount of crying and whining going on over this on every prep board. I hope the Indy players aren't as big of wusses as the fans are.

4. Archangel

Archangel The Director

I bet it had something to do with a video tape.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
  5. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Well, it tickled your fancy...So that's round one for me. :trophy:

If you want round two, bring it on...I've walked over bigger bovines just to get to a fight. :chair:

6. Fred

Fred .........

I think it's kinda messed up that these 2 are having to play each other. I thought they tried to keep teams in the same conference from having to meet in Round 1.

considering where he went to school, ebhs1977 is use to getting his butt whipped. :)