1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NCPrep.com All State Baseball

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Boxman, May 29, 2005.

1. Boxman

Boxman Full Access Member

I'll be doing an All State team...

Looking for nominations for All State?
    List your nominations here with player, team, position and classification(1,2,3,4A)...stats if available but not necessary

or
    You can send me a private message or email me a [email protected]

or go to NCPreps.com message board under baseball forums. It is pinned to the top of each class...

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'll take a stab at a few players that I would recommend from the Charlotte (and surrounding) area. These are all 4 A:

1st B-- Dusty White, Hopewell
    2nd B--Wes Borden, SM
    SS-----Drew Martin, Ashbrook
    3rd B---Keith Mauney, Providence
    C------Kevin Glass, Butler
    OF-----Ryan Morris, SM
    OF-----David Rubenstien, SM
    OF-----Michael Cavasinni, NM
    P------Tom Porter, NM
    P------Mitch Bellseviere, Providence

others to consider: Robby & Aaron Bray, Independence; Mike Moore, Providence; Zack Rosenbaum, NM; Michael Bogeart, Ashbrook; Greg Conrad, Olympic

All these guys are All State calibre. I'm sure I missed some, so others can help me out. I know Central Cabarrus has some studs. I just didn't get to see them this year.

3. Braves

Outside of Charlotte?

The starting lineup of West Forsyth

4. baseballfan29

baseballfan29 Junior Member

To add on to Braves, Cory Dunning from Providence and Justin Schumer from East Meck were probobly the leading hitters for one of, if not the toughest conference in 4A this year, so keep those two in mind. If anyone has the final statistics on any of these players from around Charlotte and the state it would be nice and help out the deciding of All State players in my opinion.

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  5. Braves

Oh, man.......nice picks baseballfan. I can't believe I left those guys out. But I'm sure there are quite a few others

6. mincmi

mincmi Moderator

Zach Parmer was Central Cabarrus number one pitcher and batted over .400.

7. Hapi2BMe

Hapi2BMe Full Access Member

"To add on to Braves, Cory Dunning from Providence and Justin Schumer from East Meck were probobly the leading hitters for one of, if not the toughest conference in 4A this year, so keep those two in mind. If anyone has the final statistics on any of these players from around Charlotte and the state it would be nice and help out the deciding of All State players in my opinion."

Regular season final stats for S Meck players mentioned (playoff stats still in progress)

OF, 1B. P. Ryan Morris .429, 25rbi. .587 slg + sub 2 era

OF. P. David Rubenstein .422, 24 rbis, .703 slg

2B. Wes Borden .400, 25 rbi, .507 slg

Defensively, Rubenstein has a cannon; teams rarely try to challenge him once they see him throw in pre-game. WHen they have, they have paid for it.
    Morris can also throw, pure clutch as a hitter. Obviously can pitch. I'd appreciate another's comments on Borden as a second baseman as I am biased in his favor. The offensive stats are what they are.

Last edited: May 31, 2005
  8. Dbacks20

Dbacks20 Moderator

Wes Borden made some fantastic defensive plays to shut down some key rallies this season. The pitching staff for South Meck had hitters pounding the right side all year long...he is also one of the best 2 strike hitters I've seen...his average and RBI total show this. Great year for Wes!

9. redbirdfan

redbirdfan Full Access Member

Requested Final Stats

Hapi2BMe
    Registered User Join Date: Dec 2004

"To add on to Braves, Cory Dunning from Providence and Justin Schumer from East Meck were probobly the leading hitters for one of, if not the toughest conference in 4A this year, so keep those two in mind. If anyone has the final statistics on any of these players from around Charlotte and the state it would be nice and help out the deciding of All State players in my opinion."

Hopewell Player -

Dusty White - 1B, Pitcher, Batting Avg - .400. .600 slg;
    Pitching-6 wins,3 losses (49 innings,218 batters)w/ERA of .86

10. yankees

yankees Full Access Member

MECA - 8 additions

A lot of good names already mentioned. Here are a few others from the MECA 8. Probably all made the MECA 8 All conference team and nominated by coaches for the All State Team.

Others:

Ryan Brown senior, SS, Central Cabarrus tough out at the plate.

Matt Cochran junior, C, Hopewell Avg. .417, Slg .688, OB% 524, only 4 passed balls all year, and 4 bases stolen against him. Stats on Hopewell site hopewelltitansbaseball.com

Ryan Laboy senior, CF, Central Cabarrus at the top of a lot of stats on NCPREPS.com

Zach Pou junior, RF, North Meck at bright spot at the plate for North Meck this past season, don't have his stats, but several Home Runs and a low strike out percentage for sure.