1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Need advice

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by stickwolf, May 14, 2003.

1. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

My 10 year old is currently learning the windmill. She has a coach that she loves and so do I.(she plays for APP St) Some of her friends are going to a camp and want her to go. My question is should she stay solely with the same coach or will the camp help her even more or confuse her coming from different instructors. Thanks for any help.

2. Dawgfan

Dawgfan Full Access Member

Stick wolf
    Who is her pitching coach and what camp are you thinking of?
    If they yeach similar styles I feel its a good thing to go to a college run camp.
    they have top notch instructors and I feel they will only add to your daughters skill level.

3. stickwolf

The coach redshirted at App this year,(injured) and runs her own camp(not just pitching but basic fundamentals) in the summer, in her hometown(don't know if she would want me putting her name on a message board ) The camp I'm refering to is a pitching camp at Lenior Rhyne. Thanks

4. beenaround

beenaround Junior Member

advice

A ten year old only needs one instructor, especially when she is a pitcher. Get the basic delivery and use of legs for strength and power. Send her to a camp for hitting and fielding, but pitching will just confuse a ten year old. As time goes on and she gets older, she will modify her delivery to fit her style and pick up pointers from every pitcher and coach on Gods green earth! I've been down this road and my daughter pitches nothing like the way she did at ten years old, but pitching is paying for her College!

5. stickwolf

Thanks a bunch. Sounds good. Thats kind of the way I was leaning. Where does your daughter pitch??

6. beenaround

beenaround Junior Member

advice

She is at Lees McRae. She is going into her third year next fall and with the addition of the left handed pitcher from Butler, I'm really looking forward to the next two years. We are both helping the younger girls back home. Tell your daughter that it is important to stay tall, use her legs, (not just her upper body), and release at the hip. Practice 3 times a week, 30 - 60 minutes each time, and everything will fall into place. I promise!

7. stickwolf

Thanks and Good Luck to your daughter and Lees McRae. The only reason I'm pursueing this is because she likes it so much. She wants to pitch, so I'll help her. Shes also the kind that WANTS to be good, so she will put in the time. Thanks again