1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Negative Movement vs Dead Stop Hitting

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softballphreak, Aug 29, 2010.

1. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

Too often we see the "no negative movement" type of swing some kids have been coached into. We love it when the opposing team has players who have this type of swing.

2. joesimtre

joesimtre Full Access Member

3. marlinfan1

marlinfan1 Full Access Member

I've read all the posts as ya'll have and I'm gonna stick with what my Dad taught as a rec. ball, babe ruth, HS, college, and pro. coach. His tech. is not something special, its a simple solution to putting the bat on the ball.

He could take a kid who had never picked up a bat, and in 10 minutes that kid would hit the ball consistently, and have fun.

Just like a guy who walks out onto the driving range at a golf course with a bucket of balls, every swing is different, but all of them end up with the golfball going nowhere, but with a simple one or two adjustments...Bam! ball goes right down the middle of the fairway

Hitting has alot of "mind" in it, and as soon as any kid gets overwhelmed with "do this, do that", they lose the simple mechanics of a good swing.

FishSon