1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NEW COACH AT AC

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by FP SUPER, Jun 16, 2003.

1. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

Has anyone heard who the new softball coach will be at Alexander Central?

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TROOPS:D

2. hispeed

hispeed Full Access Member

Heard no decisions til July only rumors now

3. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

Who's the rumors????

4. TheJoker

TheJoker Junior Member

It is my understanding that MAry Barnes, the excellent coach at West Middle School will take over the Cougars. They are getting an excellent coach with knowledge of the game. This team should definately be on the rise with Coach Barnes. She knows the girls, will be at Alexander Central next fall, and is an excellent motivator. :)

5. GATOR

GATOR Member

WHERE HAS COACH SHERRILL GONE?

6. fastpitchpro

fastpitchpro Junior Member

Barnes is a super coach. She should have been at the high school early and she has coached in college. If the adminstration is smart, they will give it to her and see what she can do! She is a winner that coaches with authority!

7. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

With alot of knocks on AC's door for the coaching job I only hope that a coach with alot of high school fastpitch experience and not alot of ties to the locals comes in with a new slate to get AC back on top. Seems like some of you pros and jokers are wishing us well. Thanks alot for wanting the best for the girls of Alexander County!! I myself only wish the best right back at you!!

8. FP SUPER

FP SUPER Full Access Member

I think Coach Barnes would do great. How many years in a row can a person win the conference title in middle school to prove they are ready to move up.

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND HER TROOPS:D

9. GATOR

GATOR Member

ACHS SOFTBALL IS OVER!!!

10. blue34

blue34 Junior Member

alexander

Well well well....where to start! Alexander softball has done nothing but descend from being the best team in the state! Bar none! The 2002-2003 softball season for Alexander was nothing but a joke! I was at serveral of the games and I am here to tell you that the coach did not know the game! I hope that whomever the coach may be for the 2003-2004 softball season knows the game and will do a better job! I have heard that it will be a guy who helped South Caldwell in their pitching (Micky Bolick)and also I have heard Mary Barnes! Either of the two will be better for the program than what they had this year! They at least need a coach who can help all the players (PITCHERS with their pitching by knowing the pitches they have, CATCHERS with their throw down, fielders with their stance and accuracy by different plays, and batters with what they are doing wrong at the plate and to get them in a good mind set before approaching the plate rather than saying don't strike out!!) Alexander has lost one AWESOME coach in letting Sherrill go, he will be missed tremendously!! Also the class of Alexander players and parents is gone, mainly b/c of no discipline! Hope the class and discipline both return next season! I wish Alexander the best of luck in the 2004 season! Can't wait to see you face Central and Sherrill!!!:D