1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NEW COACH AT ALEXANDER CENTRAL???

Discussion in 'Girls Basketball' started by TGIF, May 11, 2005.

1. acfan

acfan Full Access Member

PH - I don't have a name but I heard the new coach is from Fayettville and he "may" have began summer workouts??

2. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

I HAVE HEARD THAT A AC GRAD. WILL TAKE OVER THE JV GIRLS. SHE WAS AT WEST IREDELL LAST YEAR. THATS WHAT I HEARD , MAY NOT BE TRUE!!

3. Purple Hayes

Purple Hayes Junior Member

JVCOACH and ACFan, thank you for the responses. I hope AC has a turnaround in their basketball program. I enjoy watching them play softball but I am a basketball nut and would love to see them do well.

Thanks again!

4. jvcoach

THE VARSITY COACH IS OWEN GEICE. HE WENT TO SCHOOL AT MINN.

5. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Well, whoever he is, still wont lead Alexander Central to anything only to a perennial seat in the cellar with a terrible record to boot. :umno:

6. jvcoach

warden, hey thanks for the support ! always nice to hear from the mcdowell crowd! didn`t your mom tell you that if you can`t say something nice then say nothing at all!!!!!!! :twocents: no 1 from down here bashes your teams now do they!!! keep it nice !!good luck to the lady titans this coming year!! see its not that hard!!

7. bigdan

bigdan Prep Hoops Moderator

IMHO, Alexander Central needs a lot of things to be competitive in the NW4A conference. Some of those things I don't think they have any control over (i.e. talent).

BUT, if there is one thing that a program needs to be up and coming it is coaching stability. I don't know all that goes on down in Taylorsville but it seems like they are hiring a new coach about every other year. If the people at Alex. Central would just hire someone and show confidence in that person, then maybe he or she can change the mindset of that program from being one that tries to stay out of the conference basement to one who feels like they can play with the likes of Freedom, McDowell or AC Reynolds.

Mike Silver in his first year at McDowell won only nine games. I'm glad the people here in Marion stuck with Mike, and the rest is history.

8. The Warden

The Warden Full Access Member

Dan, as the McDowell Lady Titans are continually excelling in basketball, the Alexander Central Lady Cougars are excelling in softball. Just like our girls goto all kinds of basketball related camps and events in the off season, so does AC when it comes to softball. Wherever there is more emphasis, they tend to be more good at that particular sport.

AKA....AC's horse is softball and they ride that very well... :bananalam

9. jvcoach

warden, you hit the nail on the head!!! we have to start in the younger ages and work our way up if this program is to ever win. i was at a softball camp in caldwell co. today and all but 5 campers were from alexander co. it just seems that our youth love fastpitch more than basketball. thanks for you commet

10. ACballachick16

ACballachick16 Junior Member

the new basketball coach at ac is geasey he is a very good player and coach ac will hopefully have improvment this year