1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New Coach at North Rowan

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Cav2, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Cav2

Cav2 Junior Member

Looks like Bill Kesler has retired as North Rowans' baseball coach. Looks like the position will be filled by Bobby Byerly, the JV coach at North Davidson. Everythings rumors now, nothing in the Salisbury Post but vacancy was listed under County School job openings.:blah:

2. 9nine9

9nine9 Full Access Member

I'm a ND alum, and this is the first I heard of this news. Would not surprise me though. Bobby has been looking for a head job for a while now, and rightfully so. He is a good baseball coach and a real good man. He really gets after it and is a good role model to his players. He will undoubtably do things the right way and first class.

I'll make a few calls and try to confirm this news.

3. 9nine9

Confirmed. Best of Luck to both Bobby and North Rowan.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Good job 999...you are on the ball!!!!!

Congrats to Coach Bobby Byerly

5. 9nine9

Thanks Braves. I don't know much about anything, thankfully I have the phone numbers of people that do.

6. sports buff

sports buff Full Access Member

Great grab by North Rowan

Coach Kessler had many a great season as the skipper at North winning many meaningful games. When you replace someone like him you have to go big. My hats off to you all because you have gotten it right.This is what you have in Coach Byerly, PASSION that will be brought everyday in practices and games.KNowledge of every phase of the game of baseball.EXPECTATIONS of everyone involved with the program players, coaches, and community. EXCITEMENT at the ballpark each and every game. DISCIPLINE toward his team on how they carry themselves on the field and in the classroom. Three words describe Coach Byerly Class,Character, and Committment to do everything to teach young men to become great individuals while teaching them the game of Baseball.(way to go BLADE!)

7. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

Bobby B,
    is a great find for north rowan. young energetic and knowledgable about the game. he will make sure his kids act the way they should, and play the game the way it is suppose to be played. congrats Coach Byerly.

8. Cav2

Cav2 Junior Member

great article in the Salisbury Post on Tuesday, January 31st by Mike London regarding the retirement of Coach Kesler at North Rowan. Says the team should be loaded this year and next.

9. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Cav2,,,, agreed, London "did it" once again with another nice article,,, this time on Coach Kesler retiring. In fact, Kesler did a great job at North over the years as noted in the article and he deserves a nice retirement after his 30 years invested. And even though he's leaving North, he's certainly not leaving things empty up at North. Many coaches would've stuck around 2 more years with what North has coming back. North is very deep in pitching and should do very well the next 2 years especially.

Good Luck to Kesler in his retirement.