1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New Coach

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by bbmom, Aug 8, 2009.

1. TheOriole

TheOriole Full Access Member

Agreed TJ and Bravo, IMHO he was if not is the best coach in Charlotte... One must know and understand the demographics very well to make such an assertion. Always fields a solid fundamental baseball team and is stoic and professional in going about his business! Quality unmatched and best wishes to Chet...we just couldn t find ways to get it done against them, and, our talent was extraordinary!?!?!?! I will admit before it rears it s head; :doh: Must have been the coaching!:peacemanmw:

2. tj21

tj21 Moderator

Best in Charlotte? Well Chet and I go way back, so I could never give him the big head so I wouldn't tell him that. I'd tell him he's in my top 20. For Charlotte... :2thumbsup:

No doubt this is huge for Hopewell HS baseball community.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  3. bbmom

bbmom Junior Member

I agree Hopewell has a lot of talent, but there is more to being a good baseball player other than talent. With what I have heard about Greeson, he is the right man for the job.

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I'm sure he will be. There is not a situation he hasn't been exposed to, including parent politikin'. He knows how to handle every situation on and off the field.

Basically, what Hopewell is getting is a coach with a college-type program . He is organized, disciplined, demanding and fair. The man has been coaching HS ballplayers since 1978....he knows how to coach.

My advice to the returning players: You must earn your position. It will not be given to you simply because you started last year. Coach Greeson doesn't play games. You need to come out in the fall, bust your butt and act like someone is trying to take your job...because if you don't--they will. He has no problem cutting a stud player that is not willing to give 100%. The players that start for him will have discipline--on and off the field--teamwork and a willingness to sacrifice for the team. If a player doesn't fit this description--there's no need to come out for the team.

There is nothing I said that should be worrisome. It's what is expected at every successful program, but Coach Greeson will hold you accountable for your actions.

One more thing: The players that have played for Coach Greeson absolutely love him. They know he cares about them.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  5. TheOriole

Bump again Bravo to what I said earlier!:N1amenHL2:

6. catamount36

catamount36 Full Access Member

i don't know the situation here??? but i can say chet is a great coach. he was a pretty scrappy second baseman in his day also

7. One Putt

One Putt Full Access Member

Whoever gets the job will need to be able to get along with the AD. Not just because he is your boss, that's obvious. But he was the old coach so he has a history of wanting to be involved. Maybe if he finds the person he is looking for this will not be the case.

8. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

That is important. In this case, it will not be a problem. The AD has a lot of respect for Coach Greeson...and rightfully so! TJ and Coach "O" are right on the money...Hopewell doesn't realize how fortunate they are to get a "Dean" of coaches.

and let me say this: I'm commenting on the fact that Coach Greeson is a quality coach and person. In no way am I implying Coach Brown is not. He accomplished a lot at Hopewell and led them to 2 outstanding seasons. David Brown is a quality coach and a great guy. I wish things had worked out, but I know his future is bright.

9. TheOriole

Coach Greeson I just wanted to reiterate is about the best in which could be had as a coach for ANY HS program in the country, PERIOD! This is said after only speaking with the man perhaps cumulatively less than an hour outside of opposing one another on the ball field. He can, like all the good ones, can take and handle all the BS that could be thrown at him from anyone, PERIOD!