1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NEW IMPACT POLLS ARE OUT!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by TBA, Mar 21, 2006.

1. TBA

TBA Full Access Member

Definitely some changes from the preseason polls. Comments?

2. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Impact won't mind you posting polls in here.

3. DOUBLE G

DOUBLE G Double G

4A

Two Northwestern 4A teams hold down the top two spots in the 4A poll. AC Reynolds and South Caldwell will face off next friday night March 31 in Asheville at 6:30. This should be one of the top games of the year, everyone who has the opportunity to come and see these two talented teams go at it should definitely come. I know I will be there. Also Providence is ranked behind South Caldwell in the Impact Poll, but ahead of them in the Charlotte Observer Sweet 16. What's going on with that?

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

No big deal between Providence and South Caldwell. You could easily interchange them. The good thing is they may see each other in the playoffs.

You are right about SC vs ACR...what a showdown!!! The Fight'n of the Titans or The Thrilla in the Villa It will be great!!!!! I wish everyone could see that one...maybe Mudcat could put us up in his mansion

5. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

How about the mountaintop condo for the weekend? Right up there in Fairview.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  6. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

7. throw 90

throw 90 Full Access Member

Glenn Ranked 6Th

Have You seen this team play? They have the worst infield I have ever seen and I have been around High School baseball forever!!I heard they made 10 errors on the infield Saturday.

8. clt2rdu

clt2rdu Member

1. I find that hard to believe.
    2. Why be so negative about high school kids?

There's a way to say what you want to say without getting so melodramatic.

9. bowNarrowBob

bowNarrowBob Junior Member

Glenn

Glenn did make its fair share of errors sat. vs. Reagan, But Reagan put a lot of balls in play and we all know what happens when you put it in play. Glenn looked a little shakier then i've seen in the past on defense, but im guessing just an off night for the cats. They have a good outfield and a solid infield and to say they can crush the ball, is an understatement. To say worst infield is not fair b/c they played a very good team - Reagan HS.

10. prepalert.com editor

prepalert.com editor Junior Member

As far as mountain teams go, I think the rankings were pretty accurate. We'll be covering the ACR/S. Caldwell game on Friday, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how Reynolds will handle their biggest test so far this year. No one has been able to touch them, including T. C. Roberson. They are loaded with hitters and have two of the state's best pitchers in Runion and Howell. Should be interesting.

BOth Roberson and Rosman may drop in the polls the next time around - Roberson lost 1-0 to North Buncombe, a solid team but not necessarily state champ level, giving them three losses on the season thus far (2 of them to A. C. Reynolds). Rosman fell to Swain last week, a big surprise to Rosman fans.

I think, though, that if both of those games were replayed today, Rosman and Roberson would win. Everybody has a bad day sometimes.

West Henderson, ranked second in 2-A, is very good but whether they'll be able to make a good playoff run is debateable considering their strength of schedule. They've scored 88 runs in their first six games, which says a great deal about their batting order (though it was against some fairly weak teams), and they have probably the area's best catcher in Jason Merrill. The reason I'm dogging their schedule is that they won't meet either Roberson or A. C. Reynolds, their biggest local competitors. Year in and year out they are one of the best teams in the area and should play those other local powerhouses.

Other teams to watch from the mountains would be North Henderson (5-2), Owen, and Tuscola. Any of those could conceivably make playoff runs. North Buncombe is also emerging as a powerful team, though they are a little short-handed in pitching.