1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NEW IMPACT POLLS ARE OUT!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by TBA, Mar 21, 2006.

1. wossa

wossa Not a ********* any more

I'm just glad there's no controversy over which is the best 3A team in the state :woot:

2. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

While ACR might be at the "top" of the classifications w/ref to 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, they are the second lowest in student population in the NW4A schools, with 800+ less students than Freedom, 500+ less than E Burke, 100+ less than SC and Watauga - so in the big picture, they have less to pick from as well.

BTW - TCR has more students than ACR (1419 as compared to 1399) so how come they're not 4A??????

3. WNCBB

WNCBB Full Access Member

flotg,

No conspiracy here.....ACR had more students when the schools were realigned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's only done every four years. More than likely, TCR will be a 4A school after the next realignment.

4. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

Conspiracy? Who's talking conspriacy? was just asking a question after getting curious when I was reviewing various school populations and had to agree with Diggers point about the # of students to build your program on. Honestly don't know anything about the realignment thing....

Dont think anyone would say ACRs program is suffering because of it this year so far, and Diggers right, if/when ACR makes it to the playoffs - the teams "down east" will present a whole different "ballgame".

on another note: - thanks for the nice article on the Rockets today, PrepAlert!

5. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

FYI... Realignment is doen by the NCHSAA every 4 years although adjustments are made when new schools are added, schools consolidate, or significant enrollment changes take place. For example, when Cedar Ridge in ORange County opened, it took students away from Orange High, putting them in 3A ranks, and eventually the 2A ranks. Orange left the PAC-6 and went to the 5 County 3A. Other reasonable considerations are looked at by the NCHSAA when realigning based on location, etc...

6. prepalert.com editor

prepalert.com editor Junior Member

when the next realignment occurs, it is very likely that both Roberson and Asheville High will be bumped up to 4-A. When the classifications were done last, Roberson only had 20 students less that ACR. It was a bad deal for REynolds - they have to drive 100 miles twice a week while Roberson gets to play in their backyard.

7. Digger

Digger Junior Member

Realignment

You know it would actually help if the state went to 5 classifications and that way all the Asheville schools would probably stay together in one or two leagues. The numbers game will catch up to you at some point and the extra travel makes it tough on kids to play at a high level and still meet the ever increasing academic standards that school officials dump on the kids to make themselves look good. Good luck to all Mountain schools.

8. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

It is my understanding that TC generally has more students than Reynolds every year except when it comes time to realign.

9. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

So what are you saying there jge? :rofl:

10. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Just throwing gasoline.