1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New JUCO Rankings released

Discussion in 'The Next Level' started by 44Magnum, Mar 26, 2004.

1. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

Just wanted to give all the readers a little info on our regional junior colleges. The new rankings were released this week. Young Harris ranks #2 nationally and Surry CC ranks 8th. Surry is 28-0 right now and YH is 25-4. They are the only two Division I juco teams in NC, SC and GA ranked in the top 25. Congratulations to both programs on impressive starts thus far.

2. playme

playme Full Access Member

Surry has an impressive program...congrats

3. bbfan123@hotmail.com

[email protected] Junior Member

Surry split with Louisburg this weekend. Great games from what I hear. Surry should have won three of four, but made an error in the 7th inning of the first game that cost them the win. Surry has a great program, and their coaching staff really cares about their players unlike a lot of schools. If you are serious about baseball, I would check them out. They are definately the best junior college program in the Carolinas.

4. The "O"

The "O" Full Access Member

Move to.....

the "next level" forum perhaps? :applause: :applause:

5. JM15

JM15 Moderator

Lenoir CC (Div. 2) is 17-5. LCC dropped to Div. 2 along with Southeastern this season because of student enrollment. LCC has had "impressive" wins over Louisburg, Briarcliffe (previously Top 20 D1 JUCO), and Potomac State (previously Top 20 D1 JUCO). LCC swept Blue Ridge on the road. Losses have come to Pitt CC (lost 2 of 3), Louisburg, and Wilkes CC (split, 2 game a piece).

LCC is @ Mt. Olive JV on Wednesday and @ Methodist JV on Thursday before traveling to Surry CC for a 4 game series this weekend.

LCC will play Louisburg two more times this year. Once at NC State in mid-April, and again at Grainger Stadium in Kinston (home of Single A - Kinston Indians) late in the season.

LCC and Southeastern will play each other @ LCC to close out the regular season, and then turn around and play each other in the Region X Div. 2 tournament held at Mt. Olive College. The winner will go to Maryland to play in the District Tournament. The world series is in Millington, TN starting May 29th.

6. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

:thinking:

7. 44Magnum

44Magnum Full Access Member

Speaking of Lenoir and Surry, they met head to head this weekend with Surry pulling off the sweep of the visiting Lancers. I just saw that Surry won on their webpage, but I am not sure of the scores yet. Surry is now an impressive 36-2 on the year and Lenoir falls to 18-10. I bet Surry will move up above their #8 national ranking when the new poll is released in a couple of weeks.
    And about Lenoir dropping to D-II, I heard they dropped because "They just couldn't compete with the top tier programs like Spartanburg, Surry and Louisburg." That was a quote from Lenoir's coach. That's the first I've heard about dropping because of student enrollment. The size of the school shouldn't have anything to do with what division they are playing in and I know that Lenoir is good enough to play D-I as evidenced by their win against some other D-I schools and their past success at that level. I'm sure they will do well in the D-II tourney, b/c Southeastern isn't very good this year. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

8. JM15

JM15 Moderator

... just got back from Surry.

We lost 4.

We led 11 out of 14 innings Saturday, and left with 2 L's.
    We led 4-0 today in Game 2 until the bottom of the 6th... and they came back to win 5-4.
    They won Game 1 on Sunday, 9-3.

If you were there, it was a very *interesting* weekend. :teeth:

Can't compete with them? I would like to see where that comment was made about us not being able to compete with them.
    We have split with Louisburg so far this year with 2 more games remaining (@ NCSU, @ Grainger Stadium in Kinston).
    We beat Potomac State and Briarcliffe (each were Top 20 in D1 JUCO polls at some point this season).
    We led most of the weekend against #8 Surry (on the road), just didn't finish.
    We swept Blue Ridge on the road.

It was a heart-breaking 4-hour ride home...

We play Methodist JV team at home on Wednesday.. and then go to Spartanburg-Methodist Fri. and Sat. for DH's on each day.

We host Southeastern in the final weekend of the regular season, before turning around to play them @ Mt. Olive College for the Conference Tournament. The winner of that goes to Maryland for the District, and the winner of the District advances to the D2 JUCO World Series in Millington, TN.

9. homerun

homerun Full Access Member

What is the web site for rankings

10. JM15

JM15 Moderator

I think the best place is
    http://www.njcaa.org

The next D2 poll comes out April 7th according to that website. The D1 poll is updated a lot more frequently.