1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New School Year - Who Should We Watch At And Where?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softball4ever1987, Aug 24, 2006.

1. softball4ever1987

softball4ever1987 Proud Mama

So it is back to school time who should we be watching for and where? What team looks to be in the lead? What players are expected to shine?

2. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

ya might want to give some of us time to look at our incoming freshmen. . . my highschool team lost one heck of a lot last year to graduation and i'm hoping for some incoming transfers from cali or arizona. . . lol

3. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

Any California and Arizona transfers will end up at Reagan HS!

4. LLTC Coach

LLTC Coach Banned From TBR

North Davidson Sophmores

I think you need to watch Tisha Mahon and Elisha Elliott. These 2 sophmores will have a strong impact on the program at North Davidson and I think they will get a lot of attention.

5. CometFan

CometFan Moderator

I think N. Davidson, Butler, Hopewell, and Central Cabarrus will be among the top high school 4A teams for 2006-2007 school year. CC lost several to graduation, but I think will be strong again! Maybe a surprise at CC??

6. onedogfan

onedogfan Junior Member

Maybe a surprise at CC??

Are you talking about the kid moving in from ER and the one from Vance a maybe?

7. chachacha

chachacha Full Access Member

At the 1A level the teams to watch in the west are once again East Surry and North Moore. North Moore did not lose but one player and has a returning senior pitcher who is very, very good.

8. bothsportsdad

bothsportsdad Full Access Member

East has lost their dominant pitcher to graduation as well as some other good position players. I believe North Moore has virtually their entire team returning.

The sleeper team pre-season in 1A is Mount Airy... only one starter lost and 6 incoming freshman with travel ball experience. Mount Airy gave North Moore all they wanted last year in the second round of the state playoffs with a freshman on the hill.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  9. chachacha

chachacha Full Access Member

Mt. Airy was very strong last year and I do look for them to be stong again. Jordan Matthews is another team that could be a sleeper. They lost to North Moore 3 times last year (5-0, 1-0, 1-0). I believe JM only lost 4 games last year and only lost 1 player.

10. LBlues 1

LBlues 1 Full Access Member

HS

Butler will again be the team to beat. They lost a great pitcher, Emily and a couple other D-1 players ( Jessi and Mandy), I believe but have Orr, Ward, Rappe, Morenus, Bowen, Bear, and I believe another starter or two, as well as a heck of a good JV team. Chelsea Stamey and Jessica Greene come to mind off that squad and I am sure there are more that I have not seen play. Sorry don't mean to leave any of the players off but my feeble mind has trouble with names.
    North Davidson brings back a loaded group even through they lost a couple D-1 players. CC will always be tough and I am sure we will be surprised by a couple teams that really step it up, especially down east.