1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New School Year - Who Should We Watch At And Where?

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by softball4ever1987, Aug 24, 2006.

1. EnkaMom12

EnkaMom12 Full Access Member

Kings Mtn and Enka will be strong again this year in 3A.

Enka lost only 4 starters including their top pitcher, shortstop and right fielder, but have some great JVs coming in to take their places.

2. betterbatter

betterbatter Full Access Member

Anybody have any ideas on 2A?

3. CardCoach2

CardCoach2 Full Access Member

Forbush will be strong again

The ladies from Forbush will once again be a force to reckon with. I don't think they lost many seniors at all. They are still pretty young. They do have some seasoned ball players returning. It ought to be a good season.

Starmount could do well also with several young travel ball players on the roster.

North Surry could be hard to handle too.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  4. MadisonDadofTayTot28

MadisonDadofTayTot28 Full Access Member

Things continue to heat up in the West as talent continues to rise.
    Enka will, as always, be hard to handle in 3-A.
    In 2-A Madison, Owen and Pisgah will all be tough.
    Madison and Owen are in the split 2-A/1-A Conference. I have heard rumblings that the little pitcher from Hendersonville may be going to Polk. If that is the case, that conference will be a real 3 team dogfight between Madison, Owen and Polk. Out of conference games and scheduling games against larger schools will be at a premium in order to make the most of your talent, in my humble opinion.

5. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

not to argue, just to discuss, km is about to find out how hard it is to play with just a pitcher. girls that grad. last year were the backbone of that team. not taking anything away from the girls left, but you had tons of experience and talent move up last year. Mo Childers, great pitcher that she is, will find out what Morgan Mayer(Huss) went through for four years (senior year, 11 extra inning games, four 11 inning, three 10 inning, all lost by one - no hitting - teams will just wait for her to tire out). Pitching will only take you so far. Best on base percentage left now is the slapper (great kid) others struggled at plate, and according to scores, other three had less than 2 hits between them in state tournament. believe that km will make state due to conference, but not go far. Again, I'm not insulting anyone (Mo, i've loved ya since you were 8 yrs old and playing coach pitch baseball), just stating what everyone around here has been discussing for last two months.

6. cheeze105

cheeze105 Moderator Staff Member

big south 3a/4a

Our conference will be very weak this year, great lose of talent and pitching last year due to graduation.

4a
    ASHBROOK lost 2 players last year, lots of experience gone, but ali short will be a better pitcher this year due to experince, depends on walker, can she hit this year?
    EAST GASTON, they have a good pitcher, speed, but coaching will be questionable as terry m. steps aside for assist jv coach????
    CREST, lefty should step it up in pitching this year, Blanton girls will rock, believe they will do better than last year. If Blanton catches, most wont steal, will probably make all conference in that position.

My Pick . . . . . no way I'm touching this one, too many what if's

3a
    Forestview - average pitcher,average catcher,loss of talent, freshmen not coming back to play, some problems exist
    North Gaston - Good pitching, some support, new group of freshmen coming in with experince, coaching????
    South Point - Who's gonna pitch, Elmo (Catcher) or Davis, and if Elmo pitchers, who's gonna catch?? Coach Houser has a challenge on her hands, but some good talent to work with, pitching will be questionable
    Huss - (my team), Oh My God, we lost some talent last year, Morgan Mayer (all state pitcher), Ali Childers (center field and best hitter), Daniel Brown (four year catcher and speedie) Sam Strange (utility) rebuilding year to say the least, five new pitchers working with the great TA, new blood, speed, hitting we've never had, but pitching ??????? wish we could have one year where we have it all!!!! LOL

My Pick 3a . . . .Southpoint, north, huss, forestview

7. dogjaw

dogjaw Full Access Member

Southwestern Randolph only lost there right fielder to graduation,so last years final four team will only have to pick from three lady blues players off the JV team to fill that spot and perhaps strengthen others.Every other starter have been playing 18u tournys all summer and will continue until MB in Nov. The 6 seniors are all being recruited for the next level.Hope our non-conference schedule includes some of those teams that will be contenders and I know all the girls want a rematch with Kings Mountain after that 1-0 16 inning game at Walnut Creek last year.

8. FHS BBALL

FHS BBALL Full Access Member

9. Pop44

Pop44 Full Access Member

2A

North Pitt repeat?? - depends on whether or not pitcher sticks around. What a performance last year. Any news on stiking around for another round of high school ball? Obvious arguement for pitcher and a little stick can take you all the way.

10. RobMill

RobMill Full Access Member

Mount Pleasant will be strong this year in 2A (finished 6th last season and only lost three to graduation). Returning both pitchers from last season and a new crop of talent off the JV squad! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: