1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New State Championship Format

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by Tigerscoach, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Tigerscoach

Tigerscoach Full Access Member

I know you guys have probably already discussed this but things were hectic for me this summer. Just wondering how everyone views the new format for the regional and state championships.

2. 6'sdad

6'sdad Full Access Member

what are the changes?

3. Tigerscoach

Tigerscoach Full Access Member

According to the NCHSAA site, and what I have been told the new format is like baseball. The regional finals will be 2 out of 3. Then one team from east and west will meet in a 2 out of 3 for the State championship. I was told (this is not on web site) that the state championship will probably be played at one of the university fields. I guess each final will be at a different university.

4. 2dddad

2dddad Full Access Member

It's great. We have been to Walnut Creek 3 times. We are a small school and each time we made it we have only had 1 pitcher. Having to pitch 4 games in a 20 hour period was asking alot of a kid.
    Also with the old format it was over in a flash and we really did not have the time to enjoy it as much as we should have.
    The coaches have been pushing the new format along with the 43' pitching distance for years. Now we have both.
    Next let's push mandatory face masks for the pitcher !!!!

5. softballphreak

softballphreak Full Access Member

You'll have to start a new thread to discuss face masks. And it won't end pretty! The thread itself would need a face mask!

6. softballphreak

I'm getting ready to watch a game right now where they all have a face mask! All eleven, on both sides!

7. 2dddad

2dddad Full Access Member

If everyone had seen the permanent life changing damage to a kid that I have seen there would be no argument! Reconstructive facial surgery and teeth implants are not worth the risks/inconvenience of not wearing one. This incident did not end pretty!

8. softballphreak

I am 100% in favor of face masks; especially for pitchers and 3rd base. If I was a Head Coach they would be mandatory at those positions. If I was the parent they would be mandatory.

9. Fastpitch Coach

Fastpitch Coach Full Access Member

New State Playoffs

Under these new rules, the two best teams could be from either the east or the west regions and they would not be playing in the final games. But by playing 2 of 3, each regional team should have enough oppurtunity to play in the finals. But I could see in some instances the finals could be anti-climatic.

10. JefferMC

JefferMC Full Access Member

Welcome to our world. One upper state region has 4 or 5 powerhouse schools. The lower state has fewer. 2 game sweeps to award the trophy to the upper state champion have been the rule for 3 years now.