1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

New to the board

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by bulldogpride, Jul 30, 2003.

1. bulldogpride

bulldogpride Junior Member

And I'm ready for another exciting football season. Hoping Burns will have another great season. They still have alot weapons and if things fall into place they could be very good again.

2. LarryD

LarryD autodidact polymath

welcome aboard, dog.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Welcome.................

as LD said.....and we hope you will invite all BHS football fans to join the hottest little board on the East Coast! I know several softball players who are members and hope you will enjoy and encourage more Upper Cleveland County Fans to add to their Football, Softball and Basketball Forums on TBR! ;)

4. dawgpound02

dawgpound02 Full Access Member

NEWS FLASH! Brandon Mauney, was gonna be the Crest starting QB, tranfers to Burns! Will now start for Burns!

5. crazydawg

crazydawg Junior Member

Mauney isn't the starting QB for Burns. He hasn't even practiced with Burns yet. He's still going through some stuff. Leave it alone.

6. bulldogpride

I've been to a few practices and seen him there But he has not practice yet . I have seen the Withrow kid and he's looking very good, he's got a cannon for a arm. The only thing he needs is game experience. He's worked very hard all summer in 7 on 7 's .
    In my opinion he's bigger , stronger, faster, and has alot better arm than the kid from Crest.

7. billybobblockhead

billybobblockhead Full Access Member

Looking forward to seeing you in mid August in Marion. How about an update on how the dogs are gonna be this year.

8. bulldogpride

Eight returning starters on offence , but two of those not returning are goss and woods, big shoes to fill . The whole oline returns and they are some big guys, at that center 6' 0" 225 guards 6' 3" 280, 6' 2" 240, tackles 6' 4" 280 , 6' 9" 380 tightend 6' 6" 250 The defence returns 7-8 starters. We had some key losses there to but we have some very capable replacements. hope this helps can you give me some info on Mcdowell.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2003
  9. dawgpound02

dawgpound02 Full Access Member

one thing you gotta remember...if you think about it...burns has 9 or 10 "experience guys on both sides of the ball!! Remember burns had a lot of blow away games last year, and all except for 3 games were put away by the 4th quarter, including 2 big playoff games! one including AL Brown!..so these "replacements" had a lot of playing time last year!! and gained a lot of valueable experience!!