1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Newspaper bias

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by A2662G, Nov 13, 2007.

1. coachevans26

coachevans26 Full Access Member

Thank goodness she got her smarts and looks from mom!! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!!Give my best to TJ!!

2. niknat

niknat Full Access Member

Hendersonville Times News

I am happy to report that our hometown newspaper has done a good job covering the signings in our area.

Last week on signing day they covered and had a color picture on the front page of the sports page. It was 3 West Henderson kids signing:

Casey Allison - Wingate Baseball
    Josh Moore - Navy Baseball
    Brittany Fennell - Clemson Volleyball

And todays paper has a color picture on the front page of the sports with the signing of Andrew Blackwell to play baseball at Western Carolina.

These are some good athletes and good kids and I am greatful for the Times News covering their big day.

I have been critical of the way the paper has covered the situation we had at BRCC but they do a good job in the sports department covering the local high schools as well as covering baseball games we play at BRCC.

There was also an article in the paper last week about a proposal from BRCC to the county commisioners to help fund the building of a fitness center with a gym, weight room, as well as an indoor pool. This will not only help the college but it would provide another gym for the county as well as a pool for the high schools to compete in. The paper had a positive spin on the article so maybe they are coming around.

2 years ago when my son signed at BRCC they had a nice picture of him and 2 other kids from our high school that signed, Jackie Corn and Mathew McMurray. I think the sports editor does have a good relationship with our local coaches and will come out to cover when they ask.

We are blessed as we have read that so many local papers don't cover high school sports very well.

3. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Yes, you are blessed and the sports editor should be commended

4. moesyslak

moesyslak Banned From TBR

i've actually seen in a newspaper something like this" so and so has decided to attend unc but to not participate in fill-in-the-blank sport.

5. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Big Eddie makes the RM Telegram

I am happy to report that our paper finally covered Edmund Gravely's signing even if it was in a round about way. Congrats son.

6. Stretchlon

Stretchlon Stars

Baseball reporting

Phillydave: Here is more info on your topic.