1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

NM/Providence Observations

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Dynasty07, May 18, 2004.

1. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Full Access Member

Well said Braves. Coaching changes are always difficult on returning players. Congrats to this Providence senior class -- they are fine young men who have accomplished a lot on and off the field and have done so in difficult circumstances. As for this season, finishing second in the SW4A to a South Meck team that will go down as one of the best ever in this area is no disgrace. Winning the conference tournament with so much talent all around the conference is something to be proud of. Losing to North Meck in the state tournament is nothing to apologize for -- they are good enough to beat anybody and ACHS may find that out tonight. I know some of these guys will look at the season as a disappointment, but that is because their standards are so high.

For those of us who have been fans of high school baseball in this area for a long time, we have noticed a real change for the better with this group. It would be hard for anyone to argue that Providence didn't deserve the dislike it received for years -- the players were taught to taunt and razz their opponents -- they stood as a group and chanted negative things to opposing pitchers and hitters, they seemed to thrive on the "bad boy" image they projected. I can still remember taking a group of little league players to see a big South Meck-Providence game about 5 or 6 years ago and being completely embarrassed by the behavior of the Providence players. Sure they won, and they won a lot, but at what cost?

It has been so refreshing to see a group of nice young men do well and succeed at Providence. They have proven that you can compete with your opponents on the field without being their enemies off the field. I just hope that continues to be the new attitude for Providence. I wish all these young men well as they continue their educations and ther baseball playing days.

Good luck!

2. Rockman

Rockman Junior Member

Amen DodgerBlues.........