1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

North Davidson Black Knights

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by VoiceintheCrowd, May 21, 2008.

1. VoiceintheCrowd

VoiceintheCrowd ND Announcer

I hate that our Black Knights lost, and not being able to be at the game made it twice as hard, but I am proud to say that I was a part of the phenomenal season they had. Our guys were 23 and 4…the best record that I believe our guys have ever recorded. We won the Touchstone Energy Tournament at the beach earlier this season; we won the Central Piedmont Conference regular season championship and the CPC Tournament. We defeated some very tough baseball teams throughout the season and in the NCHSAA Tournament...but ultimately lost to a very talented Ardrey Kell team in the sectional round.

This was my first full season announcing for our Black Knights. You guys definitely made my job fun! I can now say that I have had the privilege of introducing the likes of Zach White, Clay Watson, Ben Redmond, Jarrett Albright, Tyler Hanover, Aaron Carter, Matt Nifong, Zach Fritts and Travis Swain…our 9 seniors who will move on and make the North Davidson community proud! They’ve worn the black and orange with pride, with class and with a ton of character.

There are a lot of roles to fill next season, but with the starters that are returning in Levi Michael, Jordan Slate and Zach Joyce; the underclassmen that will come into the picture; and the coaching staff of Meadows, Simpson, Griffin, Sotriffer, Stone and Leonard fine tuning our young men…look for the Black Knights to be strong once again!

Congratulations to our guys for an outstanding season, thank you for allowing me to be a part of it and good luck to each of you as the summer leagues get cranked up!

2. Early and Often

Early and Often Junior Member

A question, how many of those players are going to play Legion? If Lexington gets all of those guys to come out, with the addition of the other players from the county, that will be one tough squad.

3. Baseball7690

Baseball7690 Member

Ben Redmond (C) Clay Watson (P) Matt Nifong (OF) Jarrett Albright (1B/OF) along with Zach Joyce (P/OF) are all playing legion. There are some very talented underclassmen as well playing from ND like Kelly Seacrest (P/OF) who will see time in the rotation pitching and in the outfield, and this kid's gunna be good. So with those guys along with the talent from Central and West Davidson, and the return of some college players such as luke wilhelm and matt tysinger, this team has a chance to be very tough

4. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

I feel privileged to watch this team compete for the last two years. It's rare to see the cumulative talent on one team. It's more rare to witness a talented team with so much class. My hats off to the seniors and to the rest of the team for providing the excitement and entertainment you gave us.

...and to Mr. Hanover. My son said he will send you his pictures of his fishing expedition last night after the game. Nobody on the board believes me, so maybe you will :laugh1: