1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

north iredell coach steps down

Discussion in 'Football Forum' started by jvcoach, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

travis conner has resigned as head football coach at north iredell. he was 2-9 in his 1 season at north .it looks like this coach never had a chance at north. he installed the norte dame box offenece which you just dont learn in 1 season.he had the long range out look for north and no one would give him the chance. folks you have to let your coaches coach and keep your noses out of it. it`s called TRUST .!!!!! good luck to coach conner where ever he lands!:xyzthumbs

2. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

North needs to go after Barry Whitlock, the OC at Davie Co. That man is a motivator and an offensive genius. Davie was 14-1 this past season and I believe they have made to the playoffs 5 out of the last 7 years. I'm telling you, this man is good and the players love him.

3. pioneerpride01

pioneerpride01 Member

A AC coach talking about trust. What a shinning example. :thinking:

4. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Full Access Member

You are right JV . I follow the Raiders. This guy never had a chance. Certain parents....And you know who you are...made life miserable for him almost from the get go. Then there was a faction of the senior players and parents that never would accept anybody except Morrison. They act like Morrison was the second coming of freaking Knute Rockne or something. Senior leadership was a joke, and one poor mom wouldn't even let her senior kid play for this animal Conner in the last game at Kannapolis. Oh the horror of it all. What was the overall record while Morrison was there? Yea Conner should have kept that "winning feeling" up at North. I mean going from a coach that was 4-8 the year before to a drop off of 2-9 in year 1 was hard for the Raiders to stomach. LOL Get rid of the coach! I just hope whomever they bring in that they put CERTAIN Parents.........(Not calling names) on the freakin selection committee, because they can make life miserable if they aren't happy.

On a sidenote. Heard that the new baseball coach is "running their babies to much in practice" and the Ass istant principal has been fielding calls from angry parents. Good Luck to the new coach. Doesn't look like these parents want to win up there, they just want drama. QUICK CALL THE RECORD AND LANDMARK!!!!! BASEBALL COACH RUNNING PLAYERS IN PRACTICE!!!!! PARENTS COMPLAINING!!!!!

5. jnwta

jnwta Faded away.

Whatcha mean? :thinking:

6. stickwolf

stickwolf Full Access Member

Yea JV very unfortunate whats happening up there at North. Travis came into a very tough situation. Hopefully he lands on his feet. I know that he is disappointed, and your right a year wasted. I have said before that North just does not get the athletes to line up and throw the ball all over the field. An offense like the box, given time would work here I think. But you have to instill the will to run the ball in these kids and it sure can't be done in a year. Does anybody think that those old Nebraska teams gave a crap if you knew the triple option was coming....No they just knew they would run where they wanted when they wanted....milk the clock and score TD's at the end. Thats what this O is designed to do. Paul Johnson at Navy probably didn't have the personel to run his O at first, but Navy won 10 games in his 3rd year(or was this his second??). And they are hard to prepare for. Same for Grobe at Wake. His speciality Offense keeps them in games vs teams with superior talent.

As for replacement I hear they are going to probably hire somebody on the staff, but I think Barry Whitlock would be an excellant choice. His sister lives in the area, so he has relatives close. That would be great hire if hes interested. I just hope things get stable at North before long.

7. Homer3

Homer3 Full Access Member

A couple of years ago Coach Whitlock applied the the head job at the new Lake Norman HS. But he withdrew his name because his daughter was going to be a freshman at DC and probably decided a move at that time would not be fair to her. She is probably a senior now, so someone from North needs to contact Coach Whitlock as soon as possible.

8. jvcoach

jvcoach Full Access Member

HEY , ANYONE OUT THERE HEARD WHOS IN THE RUNNING FOR THE JOB AT NORTH IREDELL??? A LITTLE INFO PLEASE!:xyzthumbs

9. Intimidator Coach

Intimidator Coach Premium Member

Vince Lombardi :invasion: :invasion:
    :invasion: :invasion: :invasion:

10. Big Mark

Big Mark Premium Member

Charlie Love