1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

North Meck

Discussion in 'Softball Forum' started by EnkaJet04, Mar 20, 2003.

1. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

I had somebody call me and ask if I knew anything about North Meck and I knew that I did not but I knew somebody in this forum would know...

2. titanfan

titanfan Member

North Meck always has a good team. The Coach knows what she's doing. Very strategic, knows when and how to do the little things. She only has 4 girls returning from last year and 1 is out hurt for a few weeks. But they do have a very good pitcher. She is hard to hit and throws a lot of different pitches. Watch for them to bunt and slap a lot.Good Luck.

3. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

YEP.......titanfan knowsssss as well!

4. hawks08

hawks08 Full Access Member

thanks for the info

EnkaJet,Rabbit & TitanFan,
    Thanks for your help. Guess I'll start using TBR too. Rabbit see you Monday. EJ, see you Thursday. Don't you just love high school season when you can coach and umpire from the bleachers. As Rabbit has told me many times, its so much easier from this side of the fence. We are never wrong. I'll try and give you a report about Rock Hill on Sunday.

5. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

hawks08

Welcome to the best little softball forum around and hope you enjoy the your time.........do invite others to join in!!

6. EnkaJet04

EnkaJet04 Full Access Member

Glad to see you made it to the site hawks08....I hope the info helped you this weekend..I think this is the best site for info and lets you know that softball is alive and well in all parts of the state. ..You will have to post the results of this past weekend.

7. hawks08

Some Rock Hill Results

The info on North Meck was good but North Buncombe was still asleep on the bus for game 1. Results....

North Meck 10/North Buncombe 1
    Not a good game with the exception of watching excellent skills from NM players. NM played near flawless and NB the opposite. ( 9 runs unearned) NB pitcher (Manns) struggled with strike zone, errors at every infield position. NM 9,1, & 2 spots got on base and #4 hitter stroked the ball. #4 hitter was awesome. NM pitcher had a nice curve ball but the defense behind her was superb. They stopped all rallies with outstanding play.

North Buncombe 9/ Clover 7
    Houston started for NB. NB up 7-1 after 2. Clover picks up runs here and there and ties game after 6. NB Manns pitches 7th and stops Clover while NB scores 2 for the win. Davis, Wilde and Manns go 3 for 4.

North Buncombe 4/ Lancaster 3
    Manns pitches for NB. 3-3 after 6. NB scores in bottom 7 for the win.

Although NB did not play their normal good D in game 1, it wouldn't have mattered, NM is definitely the class of this bracket. NM is best team NB has played since 2001 3a State Final Four Central Cabarrus. NM pitcher very good ....not in the class of CCox but who is.... but team as a whole is top notch. Very well coached.

Not much on other games. I know West Henderson lost two close games. North Meck also beat Lancaster. Didn't stay for the 7pm games. Pulling out the last 2 games certainly helped NB fans to forget the 1st game. Actually hopefully the players won't forget but learned from the 1st game.

8. CFBall

CFBall Senior Member

Thanks for the news on NB Softball ...and NMeck(always tuff)! Did you get a chance to see Indian Land play?

9. hawks08

Sorry. Didn't get to watch Indian Land.