1. This Board Rocks has been split into two separate forums.

The Preps Forum section was moved here to stand on its own. All member accounts are the same here as they were at ThisBoardRocks.

The rest of ThisBoardRocks is located at: CarolinaPanthersForum.com

Welcome to the new Preps Forum!

Dismiss Notice

Northwestern-4A scores

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by MOOSE, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Braves

Braves Watauga Pioneers #6

Can someone give me driving directions to ACR from Hickory?

2. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

just for you, Braves

Take I-40 west to Asheville, exit 53A. The ramp will put you off onto Hwy 74A, heading east. You'll go to the 3rd traffic light (past the Fire Department and a Kounty Line gas station on the right) and take a right at AC Reynolds HS entrance (the second roadway past the fire department). The baseball field is behind the school to the left of the football field. Parking will be limited, might be best to go up past the school and park in the upper parking lot.

3. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Braves, you might need to pack a snack for the walk from the upper lot. That's a haul.

4. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

Nah - Mudcat's sandbaggin again - it's all downhill from the upper lot ..... just be sure you get some fortification after the game, BEFORE you head back UP to the upper lot!!!!

5. MOOSE

MOOSE Full Access Member

sc-acr matchup would be a great one for a legion playoff style best 4 out of 7unfortunately one or two game matchups don't often reflect the true strength of the teams but this is about as good as it gets. good luck to both teams.

6. Braves

What?....you mean they don't have trams? goodness gracious...we need to do something about that.

Seriously, what is the weather forecast? Does the field drain well....is it on a tilt like the mountains where the rain funnels down to TC Roberson

7. flotg

flotg Full Access Member

Weather - what weather?????

They're calling for rain/storms later tonight, weatherman says the front has slowed down some overnight (all those Rocket prayers going up!)

The field is in good shape, if it doesn't downpour, we'll probably be good - not my area of expertise, but they've done a lot to the infield this past year.

No sloping toward home plate, tho - that much I know.

Bring your jackets and warm stuff - it's always breezy in Rocket country!

8. Braves

Mudcat- are you coming? Are you bringing the RV for tailgating? or is it still down in Shelby from last year's Easter tournament

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  9. Mudcat

Mudcat gone

Left it in Shelby for some Crest fans to hide out in after football season. Afraid I have duties at West Henderson tonite for our game against Brevard. We might just have a bigger crowd than at Reynolds.

10. jge1968

jge1968 Premium Member

Another awe inspiring picture.